How much did you spend?

What did you spend on rebuilding engine with modifications 280-350RWHP?

• $1500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $3500

• $4500

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

kylekwb

Hey people im wondering what everyone has spent on a engine rebuild, with some modifications anywhere from 280-350HP. Please post and tell us what you modified and what kind of numbers you are putting to the ground.

Last edited:
more than what the choices in the poll provide...shortblock alone was ~5k...then you have head work and some blower porting...then MAF, TB, Injectors, Fuel Pump, and Tune.

Getting to 280rwhp is very different from getting to 350rwhp

I've invested about $8k+ (probably more on the + end) to get about 325rwhp (damn 91 octane!)

more than what the choices in the poll provide...shortblock alone was ~5k...then you have head work and some blower porting...then MAF, TB, Injectors, Fuel Pump, and Tune.

Getting to 280rwhp is very different from getting to 350rwhp

I've invested about $8k+ (probably more on the + end) to get about 325rwhp (damn 91 octane!)

Have you not seen this thread?
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98817
Their are ways to get a engine build with a budget, granted if you got all that money to put into a car thats great, but for the average guy wanting a quick street car their are alot of ways to accomplish this with $4500, this guy made 300RWHP on $2000 for the whole build. So ok let me make this poll different, who spent this much with a budget set? Oh and the guy that has this SC making 300RWHP on a $2000 dollar budget has a AOD transmission.

Last edited:
wasnt dogging your thread, just didnt have an option for 8k...the budget build dave wrote about has:

1. Utilizes stock internals besides small cam and...

2. Has a lot of self fabricating that most of us dont do.

I am pro budget if that is the way you have to get it done...I guess I dont belong in this thread and was unaware that it was posted for budget builds

Have you not seen this thread?
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=98817
Their are ways to get a engine build with a budget, granted if you got all that money to put into a car thats great, but for the average guy wanting a quick street car their are alot of ways to accomplish this with $4500, this guy made 300RWHP on $2000 for the whole build. So ok let me make this poll different, who spent this much with a budget set? Oh and the guy that has this SC making 300RWHP on a $2000 dollar budget has a AOD transmission.

Mine was more of I lucked out being at the right place at the right time. I bought an engine from the north east that a guy had built to race. All the good stuff internally like SCat rods and forged pistons. I sent it to one of our esteemed club members who installed another cam and corrected some problems from the original builder of the engine. Sold my mild engine and barter some of the parts I didnt use from the new engine to offset labor costs

Cost of engine 2250
Additional work 1100
Shipping 100
Total 3450

Sold my mild engine for 1500 bucks so less than 2000 and I have a strong engine thats puts down over 400 rwhp with a nonlocking TQ on an AOD. It was one of the better deals I worked out. There are always guys selling M90s to get twin screws then selling twin screws to get turbos. Wheeling and dealing can be a budget way to do things as well

Ken

wasnt dogging your thread, just didnt have an option for 8k...the budget build dave wrote about has:

1. Utilizes stock internals besides small cam and...

2. Has a lot of self fabricating that most of us dont do.

I am pro budget if that is the way you have to get it done...I guess I dont belong in this thread and was unaware that it was posted for budget builds

Dont take it the wrong way man, i should have been more specific when i made this im just curious as to what kinda numbers guys are putting down on a budget with less than $4500 because im gonna set myself a $3000-4000 budget for my build lol got a freakin rod knock :rolleyes:

no worries...

a lot of guys are puting down ~300rwhp with stock bottom end...so that is where you can save some $ if you just rebuild the bottom to stock and get cam and head work and blower and such...

good luck

ive got more then what ur price u put up there in my lower end with the 4.3 stroker

when im done with just the motor and twin turbo ill have like 15 to 20k in just the set up

ive got more then what ur price u put up there in my lower end with the 4.3 stroker

when im done with just the motor and twin turbo ill have like 15 to 20k in just the set up

I think he is looking at a budget project not 10K project:rolleyes::D We have one guy who dynoed over 470 rwhp on a stock end 3.8. I think what all these guys are saying is the 3.8 with a cam and some head work, decent blower and 10% overdrive will get you your goals. The strokers out there now are big HP motors and what you want to do is not a low end budget project. Heck I would like to have a stroker motor but for now I am satisfied with what i have and its a little 3.8

Ken

Back