10 37.04%
  • Option #4 - Similar to Option #2 but with Indoor Seating Area

7 25.93%
  • Option #5 - More formal banquet with hall & caterer

4 14.81%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shootout Food and Banquet

Shootout Food and Banquet

This years Shootout is just behind us but it's time to start planning for next year already. I would like some input on what people would like to see for food and/or banquet next year. Be aware that basically anything beyond what we did this year will be a bit more money but if it's worth it you guys then we can try to plan accordingly.

Option #1: Keep things the same as this year. Outdoor cookout with Burgers and Stuff.

Option #2: Similar to last year. Outdoor cookout with upgraded food - Steaks and Shrimp or something - Approximate added cost $5 per person.

Option #3: Similar to Option #1 but with renting a facility so we could sit indoors. (There was a small hall attached to the Dyno shop that we could look into renting next year) - Approximate added cost $5 per person.

Option #4: Similar to Option #2 but with renting the hall. Approximate added cost $10 per person.

Option #5: I would really prefer a more formal banquet with a hall and a caterer providing a buffet style meal - Approximate added cost $25 per person.

Also keep in mind that there will likely be a cost increase next year in order to cover the steadily rising track expenses so any additional food expenditures would be in addition to that. I would also still do the big pot of chili in the evening at the hotel since everybody seemed to like that.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    9.956 @ 135.12 mph 1.364 60'
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    "Super Uber Club Member" - per Ira
    SCCoA Member # 705

I voted 3 because I know my kids won't eat "upgraded" food But really, options 3, 4, or 5 would work for me. I think indoor seating is a key.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

I think some place for people to gather would be nice. A rented hall, conference room or whatever that provides a nice atmosphere for people to gather and talk. I’m not so sure people are concerned about the food or how fancy it needs to be but just a place to mingle. A lot of people come for the racing, car show or both but they also come for the experience of what’s all offered at the Shootout.

With that said, I think anything you have offered the past 2 years at the Shootout would be great.

Basically, what Kurt said.
    SCCoA Member #247
    Hardcore TBU #5 (in tow)

I would like to see indoor seating. Gives a person an oppertunity to sit with groups of people for conversation. Do to medical reasons standing around is difficult. I would love to see Barbecued ribs or something like that. This is a once a year blow out, one of the best events we plan as a club. I wouldnt have any problem ponying up 10 15 or 20 bucks for ribs or upgraded food. If the vote is for basic food than Im good with with that to Im easy to please.

One could have hamburgers and dogs as well for kids and maybe casey

Ken
    Last edited by kenewagner; 10-14-2010 at 02:19 PM.

93 SC Whipple powered 11.648 @ 119.6
    Twin Turbo, air intercooled..yet to see

I thought this years food was excellent and very filling. Like others have said I would have liked a place to sit down and converse with others..................
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

I am in for Option #3. Indoor seating is good for conversation and just in case mother nature won't cooperate. The hall next to the dyno would be great option. I would also be good with option #5.
    Last edited by TSC89; 10-14-2010 at 09:19 PM.
    Jim, SCCoA Member#: 2789

"cuz Jim has mad skillz, yo!" Melon.
    "You guys crack me up talking about nitrous when you don't even know if you can keep it together on gasoline." XR7 Dave
    "I didn't break it, I found it's weakness."

I voted for Option 5 because I would really like to see us (all of us!) be able to sit down and enjoy the company and a good meal Sat night. I think it's a great opportunity for a meet and great and I think that it also forces us to be a bit more organized, stick a little closer to a time table and have the kind of fun that comes from an awards dinner. It's our annual show and tell get together and we're getting a little too large to be hanging out in parking lots all night long

I could live with Option 3 as well if that is what everyone wanted but I would like to see that be more of a lunch thing. Indoor seating is just a must either way. I'm too old to be sitting on the curb trying to not wear my food

Ira

I can probably get ahold of the people who run that moose lodge next to precision autosports, from there we could probably arrange lunchmeat trays,whatever depending on what people want and we could even take a poll on what foods to have. I bet it would be much cheaper than the hotel conference center and considerably more relaxed. Those that wanted to drink could as well.
    Alan

Quote Originally Posted by Dirtyd0g View Post
    I can probably get ahold of the people who run that moose lodge next to precision autosports, from there we could probably arrange lunchmeat trays,whatever depending on what people want and we could even take a poll on what foods to have. I bet it would be much cheaper than the hotel conference center and considerably more relaxed. Those that wanted to drink could as well.
    Alan
    Alan...I sent you a PM
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    SCCoA Member # 705

Looks like the emphasis is on "indoor seating".
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Looks like the emphasis is on "indoor seating".
    Most of us are gettin' old.........the legs aren't what they used to be, need to sit down................................
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

Too close to cincinnati, the weather can change at any given moment. I haven't had any luck getting ahold of anyone who knows people at that lodge, unfortunately it was My sisters who were involved and one of them passed about 6 months before this was originally posted and the other a few months afterward. I have been there on several occasions so I will try to give them a call and see what I can work out. My brother might have some good info, but I am sure they would be more than happy to help us. It has to be better than having that big building empty. Do we have a time to do the banquet finalized?
    Alan

Thanks for your help Alan, I've got Jeff from Precision trying to get ahold of them as well will similar results.

I would think if we could have the space from 10am until maybe 4pm that would cover us pretty well.

I'm really looking forward to seeing everyone again.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    SCCoA Member # 705

Althought I think the Oatways cooking is great and food it A+ I find it unfair that the Oatways cannot enjoy a relaxing afternoon. With the pressure of making food. I think a catering co would be a good idea and a place to sit will be also a good idea. How about one of those wedding places that has tables and chairs, one could set them up at a parking lot or park. Maybe even at that dyno spot.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom, first to buy a 2.1L Big Bore Kenne Bell Twin Screw for an SC
    Old numbers on 1.7l AR SC: 415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs, New numbers 480whp on dream crusher.
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9
    2013 GT/CS 5.0L FRPP 2.3l Whipplecharged family weekend car
    2005 SAAB 9-3 Aero 2.0L TURBO Work Mule

Thanks Ricardo....Saturday is defiantely a bit of a grind for us.

We took this on a couple of years ago because track costs were increasing and we were looking for a way to still have a nice gathering but reduce costs. We are able to do the BBQ for WAY less money than the banquet or a catered event. The down side is we've gotten away from the nice sit down social event that the banquet used to be.

If people were willing to spend the extra bucks I would gladly pass the burdon on this but I think it would we in the $20+ per person range more money by the time we rented tent/chairs and got things catered.

In the end it makes for a hectic weekend and definately not very relaxing but we don't mind doing it if it helps more people be able to attend the event.
    Brian Oatway
    '94 SC 2.6KB C4 Auto
    514rwhp/460rwtq
    SCCoA Member # 705