Cayuga on Friday?

So ... what's the fastest way to get there? I may be able to cut out of work by 4:00 pm and go down via 407. Which way from Hamilton? Just want to give the car to cool off when I get there.
Alan

Funny that you didn't mentioned that "custom" IC is too small for the set up when you were selling the car.
Regarding LCA, did you get those bolts needed for the install? How much are you looking to get for them?

Since you want to have an attitude like that :cool:, here's some info for you... at the time I had not hooked up 2 map sensors to the car to measure boost before and after the IC, and judging from the temperatures I was seeing the IC was doing really well, and is still a viable option for the cars that are stock or midly modded as it is better than a DIC in a lot of ways.

Until I had performed this test I was not going to build the IC for anyone else even though I had requests for it.

Fraser

Since you want to have an attitude like that :cool:, here's some info for you... at the time I had not hooked up 2 map sensors to the car to measure boost before and after the IC, and judging from the temperatures I was seeing the IC was doing really well, and is still a viable option for the cars that are stock or midly modded as it is better than a DIC in a lot of ways.

Until I had performed this test I was not going to build the IC for anyone else even though I had requests for it.

Fraser

Ups, didn't know that your PMS kicked in, Fraser. It wasn't an attitude, it was a valid question. But, I guess, you can look at things from your perspective. :rolleyes:

I'll bring my tuning gear for anyone that wants to get tune.

Fraser

I will take you up on the tune Fraser. Havent heard from my mechanic yet, but am sure all will be good for Friday. Bring the parts. What the price for tune. I have the chip.

Matt

Al, lend Steve P your old DIC?
What time do you think you can make it to the track?

Payton;
As you know I split that DIC open with a ported early model blower. How do you think it would stand up to an AR? I guess there would not be as much pressure in it, being as it's already cracked open:rolleyes:
I will be there sometime after I leave work ... maybe 6 - 6:30?
Alan

Payton;
As you know I split that DIC open with a ported early model blower. How do you think it would stand up to an AR? I guess there would not be as much pressure in it, being as it's already cracked open:rolleyes:
I will be there sometime after I leave work ... maybe 6 - 6:30?
Alan

Yeah, I forgot that yours gone south as well

No problem. I have snout bearings that are going south. Hope it stays together til after the track. If not it should be spectacular. I have three spare snouts but no time to change before tomorrow. If it fails I'll drive it home with the belt off the blower. It'll be three ways from ordinary like that but at least it will drive. It only needs to run until I get home on friday, insurance is off for the winter starting saturday.
Alan

Picked up my car tonight after work. Shop was closed but tranny was doen for the third time in 2 months. I really don't understand what is going wrong but I still have trouble getting it into third. At leat this time around I can drive and it will go through all the gears but for some reason third just doesn't feel right. It's almost like it's constantly slipping in and out of third while cruising. I have just about had it at this point. I did put my foot into it a bit in second out of frustration and oh boy! Oh yeah and today I also have no tack signal and a check engine light on. On the brighter side, put my new shoes on and they look ggggreat. Still planning on loading it on the trailer in the morning, maybe it will work fine at WOT.

Drew

I'm gonna come out also.....not sure if i'll race but i'll be there. I`ll bring my camera to video some of the runs

Last edited:
Picked up my car tonight after work. Shop was closed but tranny was doen for the third time in 2 months. I really don't understand what is going wrong but I still have trouble getting it into third. At leat this time around I can drive and it will go through all the gears but for some reason third just doesn't feel right. It's almost like it's constantly slipping in and out of third while cruising. I have just about had it at this point. I did put my foot into it a bit in second out of frustration and oh boy! Oh yeah and today I also have no tack signal and a check engine light on. On the brighter side, put my new shoes on and they look ggggreat. Still planning on loading it on the trailer in the morning, maybe it will work fine at WOT.

Drew

I know not everyone can do it but i took my car down to Alan Brown (dirty dog performance) in Cincinatti and he built and installed my trans. When it comes to trans on our cars....he's the man. JMO

Got my racing junk in the trunk. Will head down after work straight from the office. Should be there by 6:00. Changed the oil in the snout last night. Didn't make the bearing any better, as if. All I can do now is wait for the green and pound it. If it stays together that will be a win for me. Car goes away for the winter tomorrow. I just hope it will bring me home from the track. See you all there.
Alan

Paul,
It's plugged in but I'm pretty sure that's the problem. Picking one up from the dealer down the road on my way to Frasers this afternoon.
Do you want that black hood?

Drew

Back