Mark VIII Gas Tank

XxSlowpokexX

I di dsome searching on here with little info gathered. WHat I do know is early tanks were plastic and at some point they changed to metal. I believe they have a seperate level and fuel pump area.

Now what years have plastic tanks?
Any advantage of one year to another?
I take it Ill need straps as well?
Is exhaust configuration changed at all? More room or less?
Will the level sending unit work if I redirect wiring?

If my car ever runs right I plan on doing the exhaust and fuel system over. I know some people have used these tanks so if your reading this let me know

Thanks
Damon

Here are some pics from the steel tank in my '98 LSC when I did a pump swap. The sender is on the fuel pump bucket, but I don't have a picture of it.

There is enough room for two 2 1/2" exhaust pipes without a problem.

Attachments

• HPIM1467s.JPG
    HPIM1467s.JPG
    110.1 KB · Views: 124
  • HPIM1475s.JPG
    HPIM1475s.JPG
    117.2 KB · Views: 122
  • HPIM1474s.JPG
    HPIM1474s.JPG
    108.4 KB · Views: 125
  • HPIM0974s.JPG
    HPIM0974s.JPG
    132.9 KB · Views: 147
The 93-96 Marks had the plastic tanks, I believe the 97/98 got steel.

There were some pictures on here from a thread that showed the inside of the Mark fuel pump pickup bucket had a larger inlet than the Tbird ones ..

I believe there is one extra breather on the Mark 8 for a vacuum line / emissions hose.

- Dan

We were looking at putting one in my 91 SC, mainly because the fuel pump bucket/opening was larger and it would be easier to install dual pumps.

David

Thats pretty much why Im looking at it allthough it isnt exactly dual pumps Im looking at. But Im not sure between the differences from our tanks and these or between early and late model Mark VIII tanks.

It was a couple years ago that we did it. I dont remember changing anything with the bucket. Just put my 255 pump in and went. The wiring I swapped out with the 89 plug in, so it was just a plug and play.

I checked, but no pictures of this process were taken. Not much help sorry. :eek:

Back