valve bodies

hmeric7

i see you can buy differnt valve boides and install em. was wondering what the elctronic overdirve lock out and manaul shift they were tlaking about ment. and if u have an automatic are this good mods to install

If you have an AOD (89-93), go for a different valvebody. Lentech is a popular choice. It will have an OD lockout that you wire up to a switch.

If you have a 4R70W (94/95) then I highly recommend doing a JMod.

Are they good? Very much so. Also recommend a good trans cooler while your messing with the trans.

-Melon

ya i have a 91 sc just got and just doing some research. i would have liked a manual but the automatic will owrk so i was thinking the manual shift with the b &m rachet shift would be cool

I can't speak for a B&M ratchet shifter, but I can speak for Lentech - money well spent. I had one in my 91 and liked it very much.

-Melon

Seriously.........

http://www.spellcheck.net/speller/

Search.jpg

thats cool wasent sure you had to be a perfect speller to be on this website or could not post multiple threads. sorry to those who this upsets. just a new sc owner trying to figure out what mods would improve my car.

I think you will get better replies in general when people don't have to work so hard to try to understand what you are asking. Also, many times you can find an answer yourself through the search function faster than posting a new thread and waiting for someone to reply. ;)

Thomas

and after you have to wade through 90% of the posts that tell you nothing but use the search function, the answer to your question is...

For an AOD that you have in your car, you can either get the Lentech valvebody, or a cheaper alternative that works just as well you can use a SilverFox VB here http://www.silverfoxtrans.com/silverfoxtrans.com/VB_AOD.html . I'm using the SPT-R stage 3 setup on my car and I love it. The shifts are very crisp and I have the option of adjusting my shift points, which right now is set for 5000 rpm's.... something the lentech doesn't have. I'm going to be increasing that to about 5600 for auto shifting.

There is others out there that are shift kits but they are varied on how well they work.

Fraser

I've got the Lentech street terminator VB with electric OD delete (calibration #2) in my 91 SC. Works great, because you can manually shift and hold all gears..even 2nd. Or just put it into OD and it will shift itself. Shifts much firmer when manually shifted, and that's how I use it when racing.

I'm still using the stock shifter.

David

A bit off topic but will the Shifter from a 4R70W fit a AOD? I ask so you have the O/D button on the shifter.

thats cool wasent sure you had to be a perfect speller to be on this website or could not post multiple threads. sorry to those who this upsets. just a new sc owner trying to figure out what mods would improve my car.

yes u mus spel perfeclie if u whant to post heree :)

what do u mean when you say hold 2nd and third

You can manually shift the automatic and hold any gear you want.

Right now, to get your AOD into 2nd gear, you have to do the 1-D-1 shuffle and from what I've heard, it's hard on the trans. With a different valvebody, you can manually shift and hold all of the gears.

Currently: 1st/2nd - 3rd - 4th
New VB: 1st - 2nd - 3rd/4th (if the OD delete wire is hooked up)

I think I explained it well enough :)

-Melon

You can manually shift the automatic and hold any gear you want.

Right now, to get your AOD into 2nd gear, you have to do the 1-D-1 shuffle and from what I've heard, it's hard on the trans. With a different valvebody, you can manually shift and hold all of the gears.

Currently: 1st/2nd - 3rd - 4th
New VB: 1st - 2nd - 3rd/4th (if the OD delete wire is hooked up)

I think I explained it well enough :)

-Melon

And thats exactly what the SilverFox VB does as well ;)..... allows you to hold any gear you want.

Fraser

And thats exactly what the SilverFox VB does as well ;)..... allows you to hold any gear you want.

Fraser

When I wrote my first post earlier mentioning Lentech, I knew there was another company that also did VB's, but I couldn't for the life of me remember the company name.

If I had another AOD, getting a different VB would be the first thing on my list :D

-Melon

ok im sure this is a dumb ? but what is the advantage of holding a ear menaing what does it do

Mostly for racing or dyno runs is where I see advantages to it. But even with the sloppy feel of the AOD, atleast in my opinion, upgrading the valvebody is still a good idea.

-Melon

Back