Throttle Body

barberben

Hey guys. The chicken is really coming along! I love this car. I am looking for a 75mm or larger throttle body for my SC. The stock one looks tiny compared to the huge CAI and 73mm throttle body. I saw some guys talking about a company that was sellin them for 75+shipping, but I haven't called them yet. I thought I'd throw it out to all of you first. Thanks.

Ben

hit up spinningwheels-sc.com and tell them ironworker sent u and they will hook u up.. thats where i got mine from and they gave me a good deal.

just dont go to the web site. if u call them up they will work with u ..... thats what i did. they helped me out

Hey guys. The chicken is really coming along! I love this car. I am looking for a 75mm or larger throttle body for my SC. The stock one looks tiny compared to the huge CAI and 73mm throttle body. I saw some guys talking about a company that was sellin them for 75+shipping, but I haven't called them yet. I thought I'd throw it out to all of you first. Thanks.

Ben

What's the info on the 75+ shipping guy?

It was professional products TB on ebay, you have to get the part # then look that up on ebay. it was not listed under vehicle.

Justin

He's right. Go to eBay and search "Professional Products 69232". It's coming straight from PP and it's 85.00 + shipping. The same one sells on Summit and JC Whitney for 162.00 + shipping. I ordered one last night. It should be a nice addition to everything else I've done. All I need to do now is make me a cold air divider.

69232 is the polished, 69233 is the satin and that one is 75.00 plus shipping.

Good luck.

Justin

Make sure you guys search for the issues others have had with the PP TB's. That way, you'll know what to expect and can take care of the problems before installation (if any).

They work fine, but oftentimes need a little tweaking to fix manufacturing bloopers. :rolleyes: I had to enlarge the mounting holes and drill the idle air adjustment hole further down.

So that 75mm tb will fit my 91 style inlet plenum without having to mess with it?
Someone told me a 75mm tb wont fit my inlet plenum that s why am asking.

Thanks in advance

So that 75mm tb will fit my 91 style inlet plenum without having to mess with it?
Someone told me a 75mm tb wont fit my inlet plenum that s why am asking.

Thanks in advance

It will mount to it, but there will be a large lip exposed to the airflow. The hole in the plenum is only about 60mm in diameter. If you want to take better advantage of the larger TB, you need to grind the plenum to blend the transition from 75mm to 60mm.

If you want to take FULL advantage of the larger TB, you need to construct a new plenum with a much larger internal diameter, so there is no "necking down" at all. The guy whose screen name is Flex can do that.

He's right. Go to eBay and search "Professional Products 69232". It's coming straight from PP and it's 85.00 + shipping. The same one sells on Summit and JC Whitney for 162.00 + shipping. I ordered one last night. It should be a nice addition to everything else I've done. All I need to do now is make me a cold air divider.

I also saw the professional product TB. Thought there had to be something wrong with it for sure if it was only going for $75. Glad to hear some of you guys are using them and they need slight tweaking. I'll def be ordering one of these

Ironworker, how much did the one through spinning-wheels cost you?

I ordered this and still haven't gotten it yet. From what I've read, PP's eBay customer service kinda sucks. Anybody else have experience with them?

I have one, but I ordered it directly from the website at the time. The service seemed fine then. Can't speak about the website directly.

Yeah. I had heard all good stuff about them here, that's why I ordered it, but their eBay feedback has some bad reviews, and mostly from slow shipping. Just wondering if anybody else had ordered from eBay, and what their experience was.

I ordered one from them and I got it in a reasonable time. I dont think they have it sitting on a shelf somewhere, they order them from the manufacturer. I think waiting on it is the trade off for the good price.

Justin

its a good price....... but make sure when ur going to buy this tb make sure u ask them to see if the butterfly does not get stuck wide open..

i bought one to see what the deal with these are . i installed it and took it for a drive and the throttle got stuck wide open..... so take some wd40 and spray the throttle linkage and turn that thing about 20 to 30 time and hold it wide open and let it close it self......

i rather still buy the 75 mm from spinningwheels-sc.com because i know theres works with no problems..... but i just might of got one of the bad ones but i will fix it

Bought mine on November 8th, required immediate payment, paid it.
9 days later still not seen anything saying it has shipped yet.
Just sent them a message stating that asking what's the dealio?

Back