Thread: need help with exhaust PLEASE

need help with exhaust PLEASE

heya all. im in the newport news area for only another 34 days and then im heading back to the stl Mo area. i have a lc1 kit and im attempting to get the bung installed on the exhaust so i can hook this thing up. no one will touch it here because it has no cats, never mind its not registered here and Il does not require cats. they have no emissions test, inspections anything for my area. do you guys have anyone around here that can weld in this 1 bung for me?
    Last edited by slowpoke; 11-09-2010 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by slowpoke View Post
    heya all. im in the newport news area for only another 34 days and then im heading back to the stl Mo area. i have a lc1 kit and im attempting to get the bung installed on the exhaust so i can hook this thing up. no one will touch it here because it has no cats, never mind its not registered here and Il does not require cats. they have no emissions test, inspections anything for my area. do you guys have anyone around here that can weld in this 1 bung for me?
    Oceana Muffler did Keiths on his car....

http://www.google.com/search?q=Ocean...I7GPEA_enUS295

Im sure he can fill you in on the details...

i will call first thing in the morning. thank you very much.

stephen

Quote Originally Posted by frdlvr30 View Post
    Oceana Muffler did Keiths on his car....

http://www.google.com/search?q=Ocean...I7GPEA_enUS295

Im sure he can fill you in on the details...
    I actually had my bung welded in at the Midas by my house but I had some problems with the dumbazz that welded it in and had to get hot with the manager. I have used Oceana Muffler a few times and they probably would install it for you.
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

this looks promising, they said to bring it in. i still have the 1600-0100 shift tonight so will be heading to va bch tomorrow.

this looks promising, they said to bring it in. i still have the 1600-0100 shift tonight so will be heading to va bch tomorrow.
    Im sure they will hook you up.....they will do about anything. I thought they welded Keiths in, but thinking about it I guess that was hooking the longtubes up to the exhaust...not the bungs...

I don't live far from Oceana Muffler it you want to stop by. I'll be putting mine back together after fixing the damage from the incident I had with the nitrous backfire. What time are you heading down here?
    SCCOA Member #2406
    '94 SC AUTO - $$$$ Pit
    http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v..._vehicle&id=19

got it taken care of, a my plt sgt got wind of it and had me go to his friends shop about 20min drive from here. they didnt even ask a thing. took it in, welded in the bung and only charged $34. i added another $10 as a personal thank you. next weekend i have a hotel down in va bch. i plan to spend a weekend down there before i head back. i still need to weld up my frame connectors if you will be game for that.

the next weekend i intend to hit up DC, then after that NC to visit an old friend.
    Last edited by slowpoke; 11-11-2010 at 03:16 AM.