Magnum Powers Group Purchase?

Magnum Powers

Hi Gents!

Well its been several months since the last Magnum Powers Group Purchase so I was wondering if there is a MP product that the Super Coupe community would like a: Super Saver, Blue Light Special or Rock Bottom Prices on?

Cheers,
Charles

Hi Gents!

Well its been several months since the last Magnum Powers Group Purchase so I was wondering if there is a MP product that the Super Coupe community would like a: Super Saver, Blue Light Special or Rock Bottom Prices on?

Cheers,
Charles

i could use a set of springs maybe another group buy for those?:D

We could do any of those, just depends on how many people want what. I figure we should keep the volumes low maybe 5 or 10.

Charles

I've been waiting for a MP group purch. I'll be keeping tabs on this one. Trying to save for a Dirtyd0g trans but if it's the right price & part(s), I'm game.

How much would the pricing be on the FMIC + polished raised top w/o nut, or intake/divider system be with 5 people Charles? How about with 10?

I'll see if I can set one up for one of those 2 products

I may be in on a FMIC. I'm gathering momentum to build a motor for the new 90 and would probably want it to work with a 1.7 whipple.

Guess I need a 90mm TB also.:cool:

Interesting.. . . We can do that, how many for a 90mm throttle body? Do you think there are 10 out there in SC land?

I have been working in other applications and am finding blower intake is a major limiter on hp.

Charles

I definitely would like to see a bigger plenum that can flow more for the MPX. From my datalogs it looks like at 15% OD and taking the engine up to 6200 I may have outflowed the plenum.... I'm seeing the same trend in regards to metered air, temperature rises, load and boost when I compared the stock 94/95 plenum to the MP plenum with the 94 blower.

Running the MPX at 25% OD will probably limit me to about 5400 rpm's or so if my calculations are right.

I can't see the 3.5" CAI being the restriction, so I'm assuming it could be the plenum itself.

Fraser

Interesting.. . . We can do that, how many for a 90mm throttle body? Do you think there are 10 out there in SC land?

I have been working in other applications and am finding blower intake is a major limiter on hp.

Charles

Looks like we have about 4 now. Need a CAI the same size too.

I might consider a throttle body. I will be talking to Fraser this weekend and will see if he thinks it would be of benefit to me.

I definitely would like to see a bigger plenum that can flow more for the MPX. From my datalogs it looks like at 15% OD and taking the engine up to 6200 I may have outflowed the plenum.... I'm seeing the same trend in regards to metered air, temperature rises, load and boost when I compared the stock 94/95 plenum to the MP plenum with the 94 blower.

Running the MPX at 25% OD will probably limit me to about 5400 rpm's or so if my calculations are right.

I can't see the 3.5" CAI being the restriction, so I'm assuming it could be the plenum itself.

Fraser

You have some good insights going on there Fraser. I just got back from Trick Flow were we ran our new Tork Tech kit with the TVS1900. We made 710ftpds @ 3,000 rpm and 779 hp at 6,000 rpm on an engine dyno @21 psi. But to get there I had to redesign the intake plenum, the thing is huge but it did pick up 100hp over a smaller one that was featured in Muscle Mustang and Fast Ford a few months ago. We made a pulley change and upped boost to 25psi. The thing started off making 750 torque at 3,000 rpm and was on target for 850 when we burned the ground tip off one of the spark plugs, the engine started shaking like crazy making nearly 800 hp running on 7 cylinders, kind of wild.

An interesting experiment would be to cut the back off a MP intake plenum and move it back toward the firewall a 1/2" or so and see what happens. Something would have to be done with the return elbow but if someone was clever there might be a lot of power there.

Charles

Back