Magnum Powers Group Purchase?

Looks like nobody else wants the FMIC with me, I'll just put through a regular order in a little bit Charles

Thanks, looks like you will be getting the last one. I only have one set of tubes left and the company who bends the tubes will only do batches of 30. So unless we do a GP, so I can recover the cost of the tubes, your order will be the last.

Charles

How big MAF it will require if using 95mm TB with MPx?

I quess there's no idea run 95mm TB with 80mm MAF...

D.D is selling bigger MAF than 80mm?

-Sami

One thing I noticed when flow bench testing intakes a few weeks ago is how sensitive airflow is to the air filter. It is VERY important that the air filter has a radius on the inside where it slips onto the MAF and there are no sharp edges in that area. A radius on the inside forms a trumpet shape so air is guided in. I was surprised how much a sharp edge reduces airflow, like 10%-15%.

Check out AEM, their filters flow very good and don't use oil, which is good since oil can get on the MAF sensor causing bad readings.

http://www.aemintakes.com/dryflow_air_filters.htm

You can see the rather large radius in the picture.

Charles

If your going with a 95mm TB, I would suggest looking into going to a 95mm or slightly bigger MAF... not for range of readings, because a C&L 76mm could have enough "range" to cover everyone's cars sensor wise , but for air flow.

You want to try to gradually taper down from the filter to the back of the blower to keep air flow velocity up, or better, to accelerate it. You don't want to go the other way because you'll lose what your trying to gain in air flow capacity because of turbulence etc.

Dat der ai flew thing-a-migga-jigger is da complex jing to fiker ot

Fraser

Why not use a 2005+ Mustang sloted style Maf sensor and incorperate into the CAI.

Btw add me to the 95mm Throttlebody list

Last edited:
MAF's have never been a problem. I have lots of big MAF options for you guys but we have to get a bigger TB first before it makes much difference.

Why not use a 2005+ Mustang sloted style Maf sensor and incorperate into the CAI.

Btw add me to the 95mm Throttlebody list

The factory sensor wouldnt support our high power cars unless we used a reallt large diameter tube. The PMAS slot types we could definitely use. Id think th nlet on the AR kit is the restriction at this point though not the TB.

Thanks, looks like you will be getting the last one. I only have one set of tubes left and the company who bends the tubes will only do batches of 30. So unless we do a GP, so I can recover the cost of the tubes, your order will be the last.

Charles

If you ever make another batch, consider using aluminum or stainless tubing, as the finish on the chromed mild steel tubing doesn't last. :(

I think we have 10 people responding already for a 95mm TB. I am quite certain we could have 20 just as easily.

It looks to me we have 20 who are ready to sign up so I'll update the MP website to except deposits and we will get going. The deposit will be for $200 and the sign up period will end 12/10/2010. We need people to sign up right away as a new pattern is not cheap.

Cheers,
Charles

It looks to me we have 20 who are ready to sign up so I'll update the MP website to except deposits and we will get going. The deposit will be for $200 and the sign up period will end 12/10/2010. We need people to sign up right away as a new pattern is not cheap.

Cheers,
Charles

Charles,

Can you please post a link for the group buy $200 deposit.

David

Last edited:
Back