Magnum Powers Group Purchase?

is this tb going to replace the 85mm or is this just a one time thing ...

It all depends on what you guys want.

BTW, Sir David already made his deposit so he is the first one to put money down on the Big Daddy 95 mm Throttle Body, this thing has officially started. The sooner we get the rest of you signed up the sooner we can start building the new sand casting pattern.

Cheers,
Charles

Some thoughts on a 95mm tb.

I'm not sure what the bolt hole spacing is on the various plenum flanges (stock, MP, Twin Screw Kits) but I wouldn't want the bore of the throttle body to be limited due to needing to fit. Thus I assume, it is possible if not likely that modifications to any plenum will be necessary to fit such a throttle body. I have no issue with that, I just haven't seen it discussed.

Fitting a 4" intake tube is challenging and may require a different bend and perhaps multiple bends that you didn't need with a smaller tube. For packaging concerns it might even be something that needs to be prototyped first. If we are going to be re-working the plenum regardless, then getting a known angle to offset the mating flange by would be helpful. I currently have a 4" tube (seen in this thread :http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96143&highlight=spectre+performance) with some reducers on either end to mate to a 75mm tb and 80mm C&L. Without the flexible reducer at the throttle body, it would not have all fit, as the large tube size is pushed by the hood which pushes the tube down. When pushed down it hits the inner fender sheet metal which causes it to follow the angle and shift towards the drivers side. Right now, this movement is taken up by the 3"-4" coupling on the end of the throttle body but it isn't pretty.

I'm not sure what the bolt hole spacing is on the various plenum flanges (stock, MP, Twin Screw Kits) but I wouldn't want the bore of the throttle body to be limited due to needing to fit. Thus I assume, it is possible if not likely that modifications to any plenum will be necessary to fit such a throttle body. I have no issue with that, I just haven't seen it discussed.

Fitting a 4" intake tube is challenging and may require a different bend and perhaps multiple bends that you didn't need with a smaller tube. For packaging concerns it might even be something that needs to be prototyped first. If we are going to be re-working the plenum regardless, then getting a known angle to offset the mating flange by would be helpful. I currently have a 4" tube (seen in this thread :http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=96143&highlight=spectre+performance) with some reducers on either end to mate to a 75mm tb and 80mm C&L. Without the flexible reducer at the throttle body, it would not have all fit, as the large tube size is pushed by the hood which pushes the tube down. When pushed down it hits the inner fender sheet metal which causes it to follow the angle and shift towards the drivers side. Right now, this movement is taken up by the 3"-4" coupling on the end of the throttle body but it isn't pretty.

I can speak to the bolt pattern question; I am planning on using the same bolt pattern as the MP85mm that is the same as stock.

Charles

I can speak to the bolt pattern question; I am planning on using the same bolt pattern as the MP85mm that is the same as stock.

Charles

Thats very good know, and should be a good selling point for people looking at getting the 95mm throttle body that have MP inlet plenums, and custom twin screw inlets.

Since 95 mm is 3.74" I'd suggest 4" OD tube that has an ID somewhat smaller, something like 3.8" which is very close to the same as a 95 mm TB.

But way don't you guys figure out what you want and I will build it for you.

I have done integrated MAF intake tubes before, which IMO is a good idea.

Charles

Actually an intergrated slot style maf allowing us a huge filter would be a great idea. No need for flanges or adapters

Back