i think its a brake pressure switch?

92sclikenew

im looking for the part that is below all the abs crap. on that T that runs to the rear. mine is all rotted out and have noticed since the motor came out and would like to get it changed..

i can get a pic of the part im looking for if that helps just let me know.

its not the one that controls the abs pump, i just changed that one a few months ago.

thanks!

i believe it is the brake switch...I remember someone saying an explorer one works or something...I think tbird ones are like $100 new...I went to junk yard and these were plentiful...$8 or something

i believe it is the brake switch...I remember someone saying an explorer one works or something...I think tbird ones are like $100 new...I went to junk yard and these were plentiful...$8 or something

im hoping someone has one removed already because i dont have time to go to a yard and pull one.

thanks tho

It's a brake pressure switch, but not the one that controls the ABS pump. It's for the ARC system ... when you are braking hard, the shocks switch to Firm. I believe that the same switch was used as a power steering pressure switch on other models, like the Explorer. (It told the EEC when to raise idle to compensate for the load of the steering pump.) Here is a listing for Brand New! parts.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1140387,parttype,4616

brake presure switch

It's a brake pressure switch, but not the one that controls the ABS pump. It's for the ARC system ... when you are braking hard, the shocks switch to Firm. I believe that the same switch was used as a power steering pressure switch on other models, like the Explorer. (It told the EEC when to raise idle to compensate for the load of the steering pump.) Here is a listing for Brand New! parts.
http://www.rockauto.com/catalog/x,carcode,1140387,parttype,4616

the part ur looking for is the brake porportin ( how ever u spell it lol) switch .it located at the bottom below the abs.on the frame or near it. that conrols the back brakes.dealer item only i paid $84 from ford/it must be from 89-93 scs .i belive....94s and up uses a diffrent set up,but may use that switch aswell. lxs have a brake booster.

the part ur looking for is the brake porportin ( how ever u spell it lol) switch .it located at the bottom below the abs.on the frame or near it. that conrols the back brakes.dealer item only i paid $84 from ford/it must be from 89-93 scs .i belive....94s and up uses a diffrent set up,but may use that switch aswell. lxs have a brake booster.

It doesn't really control the rear brakes ... it's just an input for the ARC soft / firm setting.

Back