Mandrel Exhaust System kit

Would you buy This kit? And What Mufflers To use?

• Total voters

bkosonen

This is the kit I'm going to buy. I wanted to set up a poll to see how many people have the kit and like it. What is the difference between this kit and the 2ed one?? Also Should I get the slip-fit or ball and socket. I WILL be changing over to High Flow cats but prob. not at the same time as the exhaust.

1st
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-116/92-dsh-97-THUNDERBIRD-EXHAUST-TUBING/Detail

2ed
http://www.mandrelexhaustsystems.com/servlet/the-251/89-dsh-95-THUNDERBIRD-EXHAUST-TUBING/Detail

Also the sound from the Exhaust I want is something you can hear at Idle but not Ricey sound. I want you to be able to hear it when im in it. Are the Magnaflow's quiet on these cars??

The difference in the kits is one os for the 89-91, that is the one with the HUGE curve!
The other is the kit for the 92-97 Bird with the straighter through(less bend) design.

Get the Ball and Socket set up on it!
Makes for changing parts in the future ALOT easier.
2 bolts and you are in business, no issues with rusted together crimped, exhaust clamped connection.

Good to know. I have a 93 Bird. Also SHOULD I save up and do cats at the same time? When people say down pipes thats the pipes that have the cats on them that bolt to the headers right? Who makes these?

I am waiting for my new exhaust to be bent up.
Will be all mandrel bent 2.5" stainless from Manifolds through high flow cats into a dual in/out muffler/resonator and then connect to a dual exhaust center pipe set up.
ALL ball and socket joints. Before and after the Resonator.

It should be sent back to me next week from the company for test fitting.

I am waiting for my new exhaust to be bent up.
Will be all mandrel bent 2.5" stainless from Manifolds through high flow cats into a dual in/out muffler/resonator and then connect to a dual exhaust center pipe set up.
ALL ball and socket joints. Before and after the Resonator.

It should be sent back to me next week from the company for test fitting.

I would be VERY interested in this as long as a couple of things:

1. The pipe is TRUE dual set up
2. The Resonator is a Xpipe style like Magnaflow
3. Depending on what kind of mufflers are in the back.
4. Will this be for the 93 since it has the better gas tank?

I would be VERY interested in this as long as a couple of things:

1. The pipe is TRUE dual set up
2. The Resonator is a Xpipe style like Magnaflow
3. Depending on what kind of mufflers are in the back.
4. Will this be for the 93 since it has the better gas tank?

1. Yes true dual
2. Yes Magnaflow style X-Resonator
3. I am getting it without mufflers, then will play with mufflers to my sound liking
4. It will be available for 89-91 AND 92-on fuel tanks.

Will keep you posted!

Sweet. I will hold off tell I hear from you. will it come with mufflers? im interested in pypes mufflers. look at big boar resonator as its cheaper than magnaflows

You can hear the supercharger, it's good.

I did 2.5 down to 2.5 walker cats to 2.5 X-style dynomax dual in dual out to 2 2.5 dynomax mufflers at the stock location at rear.

I will tell you though the X-style dynomax rusts bad. Damon did this setup (albeit a couple changes) and his rusted out rather quickly too.

Borla now has a X-style dual in dual out that I will try next time.

Back