aod pi 9.5 converter dirty dog has redone it

Robertp

this unit started life as a pi aod locking converteror direct drive what ever you car it, then i sent the converter to Alan at dirty dog performance and re don the stall with a #7 pump 82 stator about a 3500 stall, im changing to a 4r70w trans and have no use for this im sending this to dirty dog to double check everything converter worked fine when removed but this was if you need stall change its not a big deal, it will be shipped directly from Dirtydog performance to the new owner, so this will be like a brand new converter opnce again after Alan goes thru it best 60ft to date was 1.51 but it was a 5.0 fox bird with traction issues
360 shipped

any questions just ask

Robert

Bump, for those with stock power levels or just above the stall on this unit would be about 2800 at 350hp it would be about 3200.
Alan

It's still here waiting to be sold so it can be sent to dirtydog to be checked out then to the lucky buyer

So is this still a locking tc? I'm Just setting up a paypal acct. I assume that's how you want payment?

Thanks Tom

Yes it is still a locking converter, as soon as payments received, it will go to dirtydog for refreshing, even though it worked great when removed, but I'm paying for him to go thru it, that way we know it's perfect

Robert

AOD torque converters do not have lockup. They have direct drive and it is still in place in this unit. If you exceed 350ftlb of torque I highly suggest eliminating the direct drive in the unit to relieve the strain on the transmission and input shaft. It can be removed.
Alan

I only plan mild mods on my car and want to maintain the best fuel mileage I can as I do a lot of highway driving. Robert p I'll pm you tomorrow once my paypal is set up.
Cheers Tom

The direct drive still has ratio loss, it is not a true 1:1 because the speed of the other shaft helps to set the ratio leaving the converter still slipping. It is a strange design. Everyone is afraid to remove it, but once you do you'll never go back.
Alan

How much will removing it affect fuel mileage? It's my daily driver and with fuel expected to continue to rise significantly every little bit makes a difference. What are the benefits of removing it?

Tom

It will make little to no change on roads below 55mph and the loss will be a little worse above 55. If you drive the highway often keep it, otherwise ditch it.
Alan

Dirty Dog, I purchased this and would like to keep it direct drive, lockup as I'm on the highway alot. Robertp is shipping it to you, I know you're busy but if you could get it to me as early as you can I would appreciate it.
Thanks Tom

This is easy, Cut-n-clean I do not expect any problems. I'll get the address from robert or you can pm it to me if you prefer.
Alan

Thanks Alan,

Sent you a pm and I'm sure Robertp will forward the address as well. If you didn't get the pm, pm me as I seem to be able to respond to pm's but not originate them.

Thanks Tom

Back