5spd flywheel bolts

I think I have a set Dave I will go through the box tomorrow and see if I can find all six of them.
Alan

Are these the correct ones?

IMAG0276.jpg

I think those are automatics the flywheels are thicker and need a longer bolt.
Alan

They came off an 89 5-speed SC

I sold these, I was only posting the picture for people to dig up, actually for you since you said you had to find them in a box.

Those are definately automatic bolts.

I have some of the shouldered ones here for the 5 speed .. but I thought it was best to use Brand new ??

- Dan

Those are definately automatic bolts.

I have some of the shouldered ones here for the 5 speed .. but I thought it was best to use Brand new ??

- Dan

I don't think I'm crazy, I could be though. :p

I'm really curious what they look like now. Anyone have a picture of the shoulder fly wheel bolts?

I'm really curious what they look like now. Anyone have a picture of the shoulder fly wheel bolts?

from what i remenber the ones i took out of the 5speed i picked up which is a 91 looks just like your picture which look like autos... i could be wrong and w/e did a clutch could have installed the wrong ones i guess.. but its been a while since i seen them and i only removed them once.:rolleyes:

I could get a pic tomorrow. They just have a 1/4" or so of non thread at the bolt head.

I have a set too, but think I'll hang on to them if you can't get them new. If you can get em new, I could send you mine, Dave, if it'll get you outta a bind.

Need some to do the 5 speed swap into the 5.0 one day. Assuming they are the same for a 5.0

David, I still have at least one new OEM set, maybe two. Send me a message if you can't get your hands on anything used, quicker or cheaper.

thx,
Ed N.

5 speed bolts. That other pic doesn't even look like the proper thread.:eek: Or maybe its just the close up.

Attachments

• 5 speed bolt.jpg
    5 speed bolt.jpg
    136.1 KB · Views: 72
I HOPE THESE are 5spd bolts? You sold them to me correct?

rlittep, those bolts were taken straight off the crank which held the flywheel you now have. My picture might be deceiving, maybe because it's such a crisp clear close up shot. I honestly can’t say for sure those are even the ones I sold you. I just rummaged thru my pic collection to try and help out. If the ones I sold you are wrong, please accept my apologies. I might have made a mistake assuming that what was on the engine was correct. You know what they say about assumptions… Looks like in this case it has :eek:

You should double check just in case.

Now, with all that said the engine they came off of did not have any flywheel issues.

Last edited:
You should double check just in case.

Now, with all that said the engine they came off of did not have any flywheel issues.

Those are definately Automatic bolts. You can see in the picture posted - only the first 5 threads or so are being used - the rest have oxidation / rust. Using an automatic bolt on a Flywheel will only allow you to use the first few threads - the manual bolts are Longer. I accidently tried to use Automatic bolts after I bought the wrong ones from because of incorrect information posted online .. almost stripped the crankshaft threads before I realized they were too short.

- Dan

Those are definately Automatic bolts. You can see in the picture posted - only the first 5 threads or so are being used - the rest have oxidation / rust. Using an automatic bolt on a Flywheel will only allow you to use the first few threads - the manual bolts are Longer. I accidently tried to use Automatic bolts after I bought the wrong ones from because of incorrect information posted online .. almost stripped the crankshaft threads before I realized they were too short.

- Dan

Yep, I'm a believer.

rlittlep, I see you haven't completed your 5 speed swap so now might be the time to double check the bolts.

The car I took apart had one proper bolt and the rest short automatic bolts, you can have to one bolt if it helps, but I do not have a complete set. If I find any more I will let you know

Back