5spd flywheel bolts

oh crap!!

Thanks for the reminder.....I just got my trans crossmember (for T56 install) finished and fitted.
Now that I'm gonna pull the block/trans to fit the clutch, I need to mount the flywheel..........................Where o where are the bolts?
MikeH

Here are the two different bolts for a side by side comparison.....

The one on the left is for a 5-speed and the one on the right is for an automatic....

I have a set of both.....:cool:

Attachments

• Fly wheel bolts 001.jpg
    Fly wheel bolts 001.jpg
    151.8 KB · Views: 52
  • Fly wheel bolts 002.jpg
    Fly wheel bolts 002.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 44
Yep, I'm a believer.

rlittlep, I see you haven't completed your 5 speed swap so now might be the time to double check the bolts.

90coug:
Just checked the bolts..You DID sell me auto's. I checked the pics then the bolts and you can see that only about 4-5 threads were holding the flywheel on. Guess I NEED to get the correct ones by spring.....

I have come up with 3, which would leave you room to stagger every other bolt with the shoulder and standard bolts. Are they just 3/8-24 thread? I was expecting them to be 7/16 but they are not.
Alan

Yep, I'm a believer.

rlittlep, I see you haven't completed your 5 speed swap so now might be the time to double check the bolts.

90coug:
Just checked the bolts..You DID sell me auto's. I checked the pics then the bolts and you can see that only about 4-5 threads were holding the flywheel on. Guess I NEED to get the correct ones by spring.....

Happy to see they weren't installed yet! :eek: :)

Will be making a trip out to the parts depot (shed) tonight and I'll double check my bolt\nut collection for the right ones.

Back