Official 2011 carlisle thread UPDATED 3/1/11

XxSlowpokexX

Guys/Gals,

This is the offiial Carlisle thread which I will posting all official information on. I welcome any comments or reccomendations for any new or current events.

REGISTRATION

Register early for a $10 discount, plus Carlisle will mail your registration information instead of doing paperwork at the gate and standing in line.

When registering, use "Super Coupe Club of America" for your club affiliation - do NOT abbreviate to SCCoA. Each year we get a certain number of cars, Carlisle provides us a free tent to shelter us from weather, so don't forget to register under "Super Coupe Club of America."

More info here -

http://www.carsatcarlisle.com/ce/events/ford-nationals/

Early registration is open NOW until May 2, 2011.

Also the more people that pre-register the more field space we get which is VERY VERY IMPORTANT!

ALSO TSHIRTS

Once again we will be doing a SUPRISE tshirt design for Carlisle 2011. All I can say is that it WONT be my car! So below will be the list of all those that preregistered. If you want a shirt tell me how many and what size. Unsure of pricing yet as it will have to do with volume ( I got screwed last year) But It will be under $20 and I think I can get them done for $15 a pop. ALso if you registered more than 1 car..LET ME KNOW!!!!!

Mike Tuck...You reading this????

So those Going (Will add a preregistration mark once registered).

1) xxslowpokexx (Pre Registered) XXLarge
2) Tony 8470
3) Blown 38
4) Wardboy (2 Large)
5) RJgraul (1 Medium)
6) JJP90SC
7) Crash00527 (1 Xlarge)
8) JDotMiller
9) SCTIDRATHERBRINGMYLINCOLN
10) MellButler+1 ( 2 XLarge)
11) Nettles (1xL 1L) Just T shirts

Hotel Ken Seegers Manny?

Ken Seegers was able to get 25 rooms blocked off at the Hotel Carlisle. The prices are 139.95 for regular and 111.96 for AAA or AARP members. The number to call is 717-243-1717 x178 (Jennifer). Tell her you are booking under the "Super Coupe Club of America". These rooms are only good until 05/03/11. After that they go to the general public. If the all 25 rooms get booked before 05/03 and you need a room, please let Ken Seegers know. He can call to see if I can get more rooms blocked off. The address is as follows

1700 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17015
(800) 692-7315 (call Jennifer though!)

Also for those that dont want to spend that much there is the Super 8 North next door. Its an Ideal situation for us all getting together as they are literally next door to one another.

Manny (aka Crash) got us a GROUP RATE with a 10 Room block for now. It expires May 6th, 2011.

** IF we Don't get 10 people prices go UP $10 per room**

Mention group rate for SCCOA or Super Coupe Club of America
Reserved for June 3-5th , 2011

Single Bed...$99 + Tax = $108 per night
Double Beds...$104 +Tax = $114 per night

1800 Harrisburg Pike
Carlisle, PA 17013
(717) 249-7000

http://www.super8.com/Super8/control...ce_nostay=true

CRUISE - Friday Dave Ward

We were thinking about having a cruise perhaps and I think friday is best as there isnt much going on afterwards but a lil drinkin:O). I believe Dave Ward will be leading this..RIGHT DAVE????? WHat that means is a TEAL SC will be in front of the pack..yes..TEAL...Hmm Friday....Cruise to Hooters? Ill leave that up to Dave ! Interested???

1) Damon Baumann

GO KARTS Saturday 11pm - Damon Baumann

For many years in a row we have been doing an organized go-kart event. The past few years it has been broken down into two events. The 11pm event…the 12pm event. For the sake of prosperity the 11pm event is only to be discussed!

Generally 10 cars are available although that can change. We rent the track for an hour. And that changes yearly. Individual pricing depends on what they charge. Pricing has been 350, 450, 550 (see a pattern). But guaranteed it will be the best money spent at Carlisle besides the show itself!
This year as last I will be asking for people to pay upfront if they can as I have to pay for the track rental in full personally

We will be doing 4 15 min races and peopel can buy a 15, 30 or hour slot. I generally do 30 min and give someone else a chance as there are only 10 cars. I will post payment info when price is confirmed and update the those interested list.

Those interested in this event

1) xxslowpokexx
2) Paul H (1 HR)
3) Tommy P (1 HR)
4) Dave Ward (1Hr)
5) Ken Seegers (how long)
6) Ralph (1 HR)
7) MellButler+1 (1HR split)
8) Pat Depersia (1HR)
9) Voula (1hr)
10) Paul (1hr)

Dinner Saturday 8 pm John Miller/Don ONeil .

We are doing 8pm so we dont have to leave the fairgrounds early and miss all the end of day events! YOU NEED TO SEE JOHN MILLER or DON O NEIL SATURDAY TO GAT A HEAD COUNT TOGETHER!!!!

Trophies Yes TROPHIES and Raffle

I have decieded to once again do trophies for certain awards. They are as follows..Sam eas last year? You like? GOOD!

1) Longest distance traveled
2) Most miles on car
3) Best of Show Modified
4) Best of Show Stock
5) Sportsmanship Award

These awards will be voted on by the SC community This year we will keep this open to all at Carlisle that register under SCCOA...I was going to let only preregistered people in on this....BUT...So long as you register under teh SCCOA...OK FINE YER IN!..BUT AGAIN PLEASE PREREGISTER!

Vendors that have commited to donating again this year:

1) Spinning Wheels
2) RJGRAUL Ralph on the site ( Hes an amsoil dealer as well as other products)

Both of these vendors went above any beyond last year donating most generously....Anyone else want to step up to the plate??? Anyone have connections??? This is for you guys!!! HELP!

1/8 mile Track

Anyone>?????

Autocross

Anyone????

Any other ideas..Im game.

I think a BBQ, Hotdogs, Sausages, Hamburgers..refreshments would be nice. It gets expensive and if someone who is trucking it or has room. A grill, a cooler..Beverages. The way I see it. You can sell them to your fellow members (hopefully at close to cost). I got my buddy to get his marauder group going and they dam near blow us out the water. Its a party over there! ...You want to get outshind by teh marauders? Hmmph STEP UP!

Last edited:
I just registered. There is a pull down menu for the club. And what year/class your vehicle will be in.

Damon,

I'll be there as usual and will probably caravan again with you but I'm bringing the Mark this year and registered with the Lincolns of Distinction guys. Sorry :eek:

Damon,

I'll be there as usual and will probably caravan again with you but I'm bringing the Mark this year and registered with the Lincolns of Distinction guys. Sorry :eek:

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

I need to get with this..I been so busy!

Saying that I don't break something and I can convince my wife that this will be fun for the family, I will be there. Now I just gotta work on the ladies (wife and SC) to get them but up to doing it. :D

Wish me luck!

Done!

Just registered, including the Ford Parade for Saturday evening.:D

Also booked my room at Hotel Carlisle, guess I'll take my chances there.

Easy pull-down for Club affiliation and Car class.

See y'all there.

Jeff

YIPPPEEE!!!! Can't wait... 3 months 10 days 30 min and counting lol

they have a first time car parade this year also. 400 cars. its the drop down menu when you register. anyone thinking of participating?

I'm hoping not to get called for training with Homeland Security until after the show. Cross my fingers.

Damon, are we all going to try to get a nicer hotel this year maybe as group as we discussed at the show last year.

Last edited:
Damon,
Go Karts - 1 hr.

Shirts 1 XXL, 1 small, kids Med(if possible)
Friday cruise - yes
Thanks
Ken
PS I still need to register, but will do soon.

I actually would like to make this but I don't believe I'll get to go. I would still like to purchase 2 shirts. I can pay whenever it's time to pay.

1 - XL
1 - L

We are coming....registering as soon as tax return comes in.

2 adults, 2 kids

shirts 2 x-large

cruise-yes
dinner-yes
go karts-30 min shared between the two of us

I'm up for 1/8 and autocross

will be bringing 2 cars if the black 89 hasn't sold

any new info on the super 8, rates, who do we speak with?

Mel waiting for Crash aka Manny to see what he comes p with.Otherwise its rety cheap in comparison to any hotel around there. I stayed there a few years when I couldnt get into Carlisle hotel. Walk out the front door to room crs right there...Real easy to wash!. Mel Ill put ya down for both

yea..still waiting for a reply. ill cal them tomorrow and find out whats going on.

Their a lot cheaper than hotel cockroach though and most other hotels and pretty decent.

PRE-Registered
1 T-shirt adult XL
Cruise Yes
Dinner Yes
No go karts
No autocross
possible yes on Dyno

anyone going to do that Carlisle car parade? its the first time their ever having it.

Last edited:
CRUISE - Friday Dave Ward

We were thinking about having a cruise perhaps and I think friday is best as there isnt much going on afterwards but a lil drinkin:O). I believe Dave Ward will be leading this..RIGHT DAVE????? WHat that means is a TEAL SC will be in front of the pack..yes..TEAL...Hmm Friday....Cruise to Hooters? Ill leave that up to Dave ! Interested???

Damon,
Cruise...Check! To Hooters...Check!!! Maybe it'll be "Schoolgirl" night again! There might be a black '92 leading the cruise though if I don't get the call from the machine shop to drop off my engine soon!!! Put me down for an hour on the Go-Carts and two large T-shirts.

DW

Last edited:
Back