Thoughts on New Official Hotel?

XxSlowpokexX

For years we have been staying at the Hotel Carlisle due to thier large parking lots and what used to be great service. For those that didnt wangt to pay the premium there was a Super 8 next door. Close and Convenient for all. Lately the Hotel Carlisle has ben going down hill with this past year the worse.

I want to ask this.

Do you want to still stick with the Hotel Carlisle?

What would you all feel is reasonable a rate to pay for a hotel if different?

We will use this forum to discuss any thoughts and ideas. I believe Ken Seegers will be helping with this.

I have actually only been to Carlisle once back in 03', but however... I'm thinking of going this coming year. I actually stayed there at the Super 8 and really was low end. I stayed there because it was cheaper, but I was by myself. This time I'm bringing my GF.

I have always have had great experiences/stays at the Ramada Inn and noticed that they have one in Carlisle. Googling Ramada Inn in Carlisle showed me a price range of 69-99 bucks, granted, it's winter and not much is going on right now. It may be jack up during this types of shows as well, who knows, but I would think with a block of rooms under SuperCoupe Club of America, we may just come up with a decent price. Worth Checkin' into though!

Just my thoughts.... I guess I'd stay anywhere but Super 8. :)

Looking forward to seeing old faces and meeting new ones as always, thats for sure!! PLUS, I'm a big FORD man too.

Last year I didnt go due to my military obligation. But the year before I went with my tan LX and did very well . We accualy camp right there. Thers a team of us that make the haul down form the Buffalo region with our trailers. We get there first thing Thursday morning "set up camp and beging to party" .we have a guy with 48 Ft featherlight goose neck and a f-350 . the rest of us have f-150s pulling 20 to 24 ft trailers ... you cant miss us ..... these are our hotels ....
This year I'm hopeing to make the trip again , but now with my 89 SC. I've spent alot of time on this car and is now ready for the show .... I just hope my commander alows me to have the weekend off :)

Last edited:
here is a list of hotels. Please let me know which one you guys are looking for. I can start calling up about a group rate or block off some rooms.
Thanks
Ken
http://www.hotels.com/search.do?poi...owSimilarDestinations=true&searchParams.rooms[0].numberOfAdults=2&asaReport&dayInMonthCheckIn=3&destinationId=1484320&fromDisambiguation=false&destinationForLandmark&monthCheckIn=6&activeTab=DESTINATION&dayInMonthCheckOut=5&lat=0.0&rooms=1#so=PRICE&vt=LIST&rl=destination%3A1484320%3AUNKNOWN%3AUNKNOWN&pn=1&pfm=1&dn=Carlisle,+Pennsylvania,+United+States&cd=06/03/11&dd=06/05/11&nr=1&pfcc=USD&minp=0&maxp=500&ming=0&maxg=5&r=2&cpr=0

I don't know Ken. I have been staying at the Super 8 next to the Carlisle the last couple of years due to the cost. Does anyone know anything about the Super 8 South? It appears to be a newer building and different architecture than the one next to the Carlisle. It is the same price as the one by the Carlisle but it appears to have the same style rooms but no easy outside access. I would say any place that is less than $140.00 a night would do for me. I really like Comfort Inns. ;)

Generally prices go up during the event season.

The hotel Carlisle was nice because it has large lots and the super 8 was next door for people that dont want to spend over 100 a night. But like I said its been going down hill.

Im up to give it one more try but figured we could weight our options. Im down for any hotel but it shouldnt be out of reach for most of us and should hav ea nice lot to perhaps hang out in:O)

Problem with Hotel Carlisle is that there are way too many wings and people tend to get separated. Then several crowds develop because of the separation.

I did the super 8 next door because I was broke. Still broke and will always be broke. I usually camp out unless I bring the gang.

Rico the compoundness so to speak of teh Hotel Carlisle is what make sit good. The groups can always gather together if need be or wanting too. Its been done before.

But can another hotel tolerate us?..Heck we were kicked out of the super 8.....

This week ill have time to update everything. If nothing comes up it will be the usual. But I will announce an office hotel by weeks end this comming week

Hotel Carlisle, I know the place is going down hill... but I think it is hard to beat for partying.

How is super 8's parking lot setup?

Hotel Carlisle, I know the place is going down hill... but I think it is hard to beat for partying.

How is super 8's parking lot setup?

Chris,
The reason I did not include the Hotel Carlisle is the place is a dump. The super 8's isn't big, but the NY boys aren't welcomed. I can look into both, but I want people to know up front they are not the best.
Thanks
Ken

Maybe what we should do is stick with teh Carlisle hotel / super 8 again for this year..An dwhiel there do some investigation?

Thoughts??

i'm good with that. As long as there is a bed and a hot shower and a place for my trailer I could care less about most other things. there is karaoke there and a bar and a swimming pool, hugh parking lot... its hard to go wrong.:cool:

OK...I think Hotel Carlisle FTW this year.

KEN.Can you see if they will block 50 rooms for us and get us a reduced rate??? maybe???

Thanks

Damon

Dont hold ya breath ya may pass out..I think we are going withteh duo hotel carlisle super 8 again...Hopefully for next year we can try elswhere....But elswhere seems to go up substantially in price it seems an dthsi gives us a low and mid choice option....I need ot go home....Works killing me here haha

Back