How many cars running in the 12's?

fturner

Just curious how many folks out there are planning to run in the 12 indexes?

I know with all the attention on the 11's and 10's now by the big dogs, it seems running 12's is not worthy of attention or respect anymore, but I believe the good part of the club is in this range, or could easily get there both parts wise and financially.

I'm targetting the low 12 index, and I'm gonna own it... so y'all better do work :D if you think you can stop me... its not hard to get there anymore, and it won't break the bank either if following good sound advise from the folks in the know.

lets show those big dogs that running 12's can be fun and still worthy of respect and attention. I'm gonna predict that if you guys get out there and practice etc, the 12 indexes could even be the holder of the track champion jacket..... look what happened at the 2010 shootout :D...... its all about consistency, and that is one area the big dogs are very lacking at ;).

I've tossed the gauntlet...... who's gonna pick it up :p.

Fraser

I suspect that these classes are where the very best racing will be. With lots of competition running similar, consistant times and low breakage. While these brackets may not get the ooohs and aaaah the faster cars do these classes will be the heart and soul of the event.

Id like to think with all my mods I can be running there.

We'll see. Might need some more mods/tweaking after I get all done.

With me driving, I think 12's are where I'll stay. Maybe a 5speed ninja under 250lbs might be able to squeak off a high 11 pass with my car.

I think the high to mid 12's is a very reasonable playground for most cars. Start with spending money to make your car reliable, bushings, bearings, pumps. Then spend wisely on go fast parts, ask for recommendations from those that know what they are doing. A cam, some bolt ons, and 12's are right there.

WELL IM SHOOTING FOR LOW 12 ALSO ... MY BEST TIME WITH STEERT TIRES IS A 13.8 AND MY BEST 60 FOOT WITH 3.27 IS 2.041 . I AM ALSO STILL RUNNING STOCK HEADS WITH A SMALL CAM . MODS R 94-95 PORTED BLOWER 75MM TB 76MM MAF 3 MIC CAI 60Ib INJECTORS RUNNING 89-93 BLOWER PULLEY I THINK IT 3% GIVING ME 15Ib OF BOOST CHIP FOR XR7 DAVE TRANSGO SHIFT KIT AND THE MOTOR IS BORED 40 OVER . I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT I AM MISSING TO GET IN TO THE LOW 12'S I KNOW I NEED HEADS AND CAM BUT WHAT OTHER THEN THAT WOULD I NEED THANKS !!!!! OH AND A KW DUB INTERCOOLER WITH FAN

Last edited:
WELL IM SHOOTING FOR LOW 12 ALSO ... MY BEST TIME WITH STEERT TIRES IS A 13.8 AND MY BEST 60 FOOT WITH 3.27 IS 2.041 . I AM ALSO STILL RUNNING STOCK HEADS WITH A SMALL CAM . MODS R 94-95 PORTED BLOWER 75MM TB 76MM MAF 3 MIC CAI 60Ib INJECTORS RUNNING 89-93 BLOWER PULLEY I THINK IT 3% GIVING ME 15Ib OF BOOST CHIP FOR XR7 DAVE TRANSGO SHIFT KIT AND THE MOTOR IS BORED 40 OVER . I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THAT I AM MISSING TO GET IN TO THE LOW 12'S I KNOW I NEED HEADS AND CAM BUT WHAT OTHER THEN THAT WOULD I NEED THANKS !!!!! OH AND A KW DUB INTERCOOLER WITH FAN

Sorry, I couldn't read all of this since you insisted on YELLING.
CapsLock.gif

I am there...12.70's to date! Gonna be doing a couple things prior to the Shootout, hopefully I will pick up a little bit. Mostly, I plan on hitting the track to practice my lights since I haven't raced consistantly for about two years. Look out Smitty, I'm coming after you this year. :D

Not scared

I am there...12.70's to date! Gonna be doing a couple things prior to the Shootout, hopefully I will pick up a little bit. Mostly, I plan on hitting the track to practice my lights since I haven't raced consistantly for about two years. Look out Smitty, I'm coming after you this year. :D

12.70's is that all you got! :( LOL Better look at dropping down to 12.30's to catch me this year :D

Few small bugs to work on once the weather gets better and things should start cooking with butter flavored crisco!!

See ya!

Woot... keep up like this with so many 12 seconds cars, they are going to have to get the track for a day just for us :D......

Fraser

Back