2011 SC Shootout Rules

XR7 Dave

Folks we've updated our classes to reflect the growing number of unreasonably fast cars that have been showing up lately.:rolleyes::D Because of this we also decided to drop our slowest class and hope to expand the ET classes instead.

We officially have just one ET class, but depending on how many people sign up, we could split that into as many as 4 classes based on ET so that even though it is bracket racing, we'd have some really close door-to-door racing.

We've done this because as some may have noticed, in the past there have been some classes with only 2-3 people in them and sometimes the two entrants may have been on opposite ends of the index meaning the race wasn't even close. Instead of having such small classes with a potential of wide disparity, we thought it would be better to encourage those people to join a bracket class where the 1/2 second disparity can be more or less eliminated and we can get back to some door to door racing.

Let us know what you think. We are still offering all the index classes but we'll be cutting them off after a certain date based on the # of registered entrants.

Questions? Fire away!

Rules as posted on www.sc-shootout.com

Common rules for all classes unless otherwise stated:

1) All cars in all classes subject to general competition rules as administered by the host track.

2) Minimum driver age 18 unless accompanied by a signed affidavit from parents or legal guardian. With aforementioned permission, 16yr old licensed drivers may participate.

3) Permitted fuels include any grade of pump gas, racing gasoline, and/or E85 ethanol blend unless otherwise specified.

4) Competition open to all MN12 chassis cars only unless otherwise stated. Full tube chassis cars or cars without a VIN are welcome to participate but will be restricted to exhibition runs only.

5) Engine must be based on a Ford motor, any and all modifications are allowed. Any form of forced induction and nitrous allowed.

6) All classes subject to minimum class entry number of four (4). Any class with less than 4 entrants may be dissolved with the entrants having the option of joining another class of their choice.

7) All participants will be required to pre-register for a class but will be given the opportunity to change classes as desired up to the time eliminations are called. After eliminations begin no class changes are allowed.

8) If two or more drivers intend to run the same car in different classes then it will be the driver's responsibility to have changeable numbers on the car to avoid confusion at the starting line. Improper #'s or incorrect dial in's will result in immediate disqualification.

9) There will be no refunds on race day for any reason.

10) Compliance with these rules is the sole responsibility of the participant. SC Shootout LLC is not responsible for enforcement of these rules, however; any violation of these rules, knowingly or otherwise, may result in immediate disqualification and forfeiture of any fees paid to SC Shootout LLC.

Racing Classes:

1) Super Stock: 14.499-13.900.

2) Mod 1: 13.899 – 13.300.

3) Mod 2: 13.299 - 12.700.

4) Mod 3: 12.699 - 12.100.

5) Pro Street:12.099 - 11.500.

6) Elite Street:11.499 - 10.900.

7) Outlaw:10.899 – 10.300.

8) Pro:10.299 – 9.600.

9-12) Bracket ET: These classes will be for the driver oriented or for those who do not fit any above category. The number of classes will be based on the number of entrants and will be broken up as necessary based on ET with the intention of promoting door-to-door racing wherever possible.

I guess I better get my Bird together and to the track a few times this year to see where I will fall! And work out any bugs!

There will be a strict break out rule, no grace. If people want to sand bag to stay in a class that will be their choice. You will be allowed, up to the call of eliminations, to change classes if you feel you are not competitive in the class you registered for. Keep in mind that there will be a fixed # of trophies based on pre-registrations and class selections before race day. Therefore it will be in your best interest (if you want to actually receive a trophy for winning) to be accurate in your class selection during registration.

5) Engine must be based on a Ford motor, any and all modifications are allowed. Any form of forced induction and nitrous allowed.

:eek: Whoa. Do like the new set of rules.

To me what you bring isnt as important as where you set in your class. I should be right at 11.5 so if someone want to come along with a 660 hp turbo and they are in my class than I could still spank them.:D:D If they run faster than 11.5 they break out, their toast;)

Ken

We have had that rule for several years. With class indexes, it doesn't matter what mods you have, it's all about what ET the car runs.

David

To me what you bring isnt as important as where you set in your class. I should be right at 11.5 so if someone want to come along with a 660 hp turbo and they are in my class than I could still spank them.:D:D If they run faster than 11.5 they break out, their toast;)

Ken

That person will have to slam on the brakes at the 1000 foot to run Sissy Street.

Casey, Corey calm down, its not that bad losing to the supercharger guys;):D:D Just show up and race and than we can see if wood chucks chuck wood.

Ken

Back