Ud pullies belt problem?? Need part # for short belt

BECERRASC

OK guys i just installed my under drive pullies and the tensioner is almost touching with the water pump does any one have the part # for smaller belt or what should i do?? thanks i tried the search but didn't find it

OK guys i just installed my under drive pullies and the tensioner is almost touching with the water pump does any one have the part # for smaller belt or what should i do?? thanks i tried the search but didn't find it
That's how close it will be. I think the next shorter belt is almost 6" shorter and will not work. Mine looks like it has about 1/8" gap and hasn't been a problem in more than 15 years.

well i did run the engine now they are rubbing ..... should i put some washers on the a/c ???
Maybe your old belt is stretched a bit. I would think shimming the A/C with washers would help, but I'd try a new belt first.

What brand of UD pulleys do you have? I have used both ASP and SCI; I have a set of polished March pulleys but haven't tried them yet.

The serpentine belt comes in 3 different sizes, a 900, 897, and 893(mm). I'm running the 893 size belt with the sc idler pulley instead of the regular size idler pulley. It is slightly smaller in diameter and allows a bigger gap especially with the 893 belt. I bought the 893 belt at NAPA.

The serpentine belt comes in 3 different sizes, a 900, 897, and 893(mm). I'm running the 893 size belt with the sc idler pulley instead of the regular size idler pulley. It is slightly smaller in diameter and allows a bigger gap especially with the 893 belt. I bought the 893 belt at NAPA.
Hmm, is the 893 the stock length?

I think the 900 is stock length. I just put a 900 on a friend's SC that he bought and it was real easy to get over the pulleys and under the idler but he doesn't have the under drive pulley set on so no clearance issues. With the 893 belt on mine I can slide my little finger between the 2 pulleys but with a 897 or 900 I can't so I use the 893.

Back