Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Five Speed Car

Five Speed Car

Okay.......I am still looking for another five speed car. Trade my 94' LX or buy out right.

I have a "never been in snow/salt" '89 5 speed SC, white with red leather interior for $2500 firm. Michigan area, everything works except cruise. Many miles but much has been replaced and the car is very strong. Drive this one home to anywhere in the country. I've owned the car since new and done nearly all the maintenance myself. I have complete maintenance logs from day one.

Sc

Can you e-mail me pics? fastronald@ameritech.net

Sure I can send pictures! Just a few particulars about the car. Oil changed every 3,000 miles, front seats and bolsters pristine (recently re done), remainder of the interior is very nice except cracked upper dash padding, original paint is in good shape, recent new windshield, SC and ABS re done recently, last compression test very good, 5% SC overdrive and full set of underdrive pulleys (15 PSI boost), all pumps have been changed, radiator replaced, computer replaced. All four adjustable shocks have been replaced. Car is loaded with moon roof, premium sound, door locks, leather, power seats, Pioneer CD radio (original in a box in the trunk along with many replaced parts.)

Post a reply with your address or call me at 616-897-9846 or my cell at 616-915-7304.

Sc

Thx...got the pics.........a very nice car! The weather would need to be much better to drive it back home. It's snowing here again today. Clean up from the last blast of snow is a continuing thing too. I saved your e-mail to keep in touch. I have no problem with your price either, the car looks worth it to me.Thanks.

Sc

Okay.......anyone close to the Chicagoland area with one that is running but rusty or dinged up? ?

I have an idea for a killer swap, but it will not be from a very nice car.

Sc

I'm still interest in the clean SC in Michigan.

A "beater" SC would be for a swap....... one of my sons and I are thinking of a complete SC drivetrain swap into his first car. (He still has it)
    It's an 81' Granada GLX two door.

Interested in any offers of five speed cars.
    Last edited by CougarXR/7; 02-13-2011 at 12:17 PM.

Sc

Waiting for better weather to see the Michigan car. Maybe a third five speed car?

I have a 5spd XR7 that I am thinking about selling. It's a bit rusty but the drivetrain is in good condition. In fact the car runs and drives more or less perfect. ARC even works fine. 190K on the chassis but the trans was rebuilt somewhere between 100-150K and the motor is a reman with about 40-50K on it. I drive it daily right now. I've replaced a lot of the suspension stuff on it and the shocks are from a lower mileage car. It's a super reliable daily driver. Oh, and converted to non-ABS brakes too.

I'm looking for $1000 out of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Xr/7

Sweet......can you e-mail me pics? fastronald@ameritech.net.........it would be safe to drive it back to the Chicagoland area?

Sc

Hi Dave..were you able to get some pics? Bruce, sent a pm.
    Last edited by CougarXR/7; 02-23-2011 at 03:11 PM.

Sorry, didn't manage to snap any pictures before we got hammered with snow. I was trying to get it washed so you can see it better before taking pictures.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Sc

Hi Dave....the weather out this way has been keeping us busy as well. When you get a chance works for me.

5 spd

Well.........guess I'm still looking for one.