Door Striker Help

The Dorman 38445 kit is available at Rock Auto for less that $10 and includes a bushing. If you just want the bushings I could probably make up some out of aluminum, plastic or whatever.

The Dorman 38445 kit is available at Rock Auto for less that $10 and includes a bushing. If you just want the bushings I could probably make up some out of aluminum, plastic or whatever.

Hi guys & thanks for the replies! I think for S's & G's I'm going to try to 3D print a couple & see how they work out. I appreciate the offers of making some for sure!

Thanks All
ALR

How did the 3D printed one work out and what material did you use? Quite curious as I recently purchased a 3D printer as well.

I havent gotten to trying this yet, I got sidetracked getting my old Plymouth back on the road, work, etc. I'll try to get on it in the next few days & let you know:)

Just a FYI
Those plastic pieces can be made outta 1/2" PEX tubing. I know because I just used some. Worked prefect

Just a FYI
Those plastic pieces can be made outta 1/2" PEX tubing. I know because I just used some. Worked prefect

Good info, I'll take a look at that method as well. I printed a couple with the 3D printer but havent tried them. Any issue with the door getting out of alignment after removing the striker plate or even worse a bolt breaking off?

I just put it back in the same spot. I was really surprised how well they worked. I’m a plumber so I had some laying around. You could buy a life time supply for ten bucks at any hardware store.

Back