Add an "Exhaust Section" to SCCOA Forums

Should we have an "Exhaust Section" added to the Forum

• Total voters
exhaust is not super important but it is super popular...Most of anyone's ?s can be answered with the search function or simply by getting a hold of Dave because he has probably dealt with or experienced most exhaust combos

I can look back at all the exhaust work I have spent $ on and wish I could go back and get most of my $ that I spent on all the different setups I tried

exhaust is not super important but it is super popular...Most of anyone's ?s can be answered with the search function or simply by getting a hold of Dave because he has probably dealt with or experienced most exhaust combos

I can look back at all the exhaust work I have spent $ on and wish I could go back and get most of my $ that I spent on all the different setups I tried
what are u running now

stock.. i wanna get madrell bend stainless pipes, maybe magnaflow cats & resonator and debating between borla or magnaflow mufflers. also debating on going catless

i'm running midlengths into 2 high flows into a magnaflow dual in/out muff in place of res and dual all the way out the middle of rear...2.5" piping all the way through

its not super loud cruising but at WOT i'm sure for pedestrians it sounds like you are under attack...v8 guys always ask what the hell is going on after I give them a show...its got some ponies too

stock.. i wanna get madrell bend stainless pipes, maybe magnaflow cats & resonator and debating between borla or magnaflow mufflers. also debating on going catless

i think magnaflow has a more aggressive sound than borla but I have never used borla...prob not worth it for the $...

dont expect much power gain from changing out exhuast components...you'll mainly get sound

Deeper tone if you keep 3" pipe through tank than splitting into duals

also best upgrades are usually near the front with ported manifolds and better downtubes

Yea I gotta hear some more sound clips. Some magnaflows sound slightly ricey/ European like

I know you don't get power gain unless you change the ENTIRE exhaust, like I have on my Camaro and Grand National. The only reason i want the exhaust changed IS for some better sound & air flow.

I already have kooks headers sitting in my garage for power gain.

I find exhaust to be te annoying subject usually brought up as a first mod by kids. I voted who cares as well. Once the real mods have peaked the best thing to do is find a good exhaust guy to bend you up a new system and weld it together. Until you have a need for an exhaust the only thing worth doing is gutting the third cat because it doesn't do anything anyway and doesn't get direct heat to make it operate properly so it clogs up.
Alan

On the stock exhust from the supercoupes I liketo remove it. With aftermarket exhaust systems I prefer to use a dual 2.5 in single 3 out. The third cat i don' think applies to supercoupes just na 3.8 and 4.6 cars.
Alan

Last edited:
the headers are kind of worthless unless you know you will be modifying the engine later...I think ported stock manifolds can support 300rwhp and from my experience there wasnt much sound difference.

biggest change in sound was length of exhaust...

the shorter the louder and almost deeper of a sound you will get

Not too worried about headers right now. But I am gonna do the engine over next year.

Shorter the louder?!? Everyone I've talked to says longer the louder and deeper.

I had cats into my dual in/out muffler which is in place of the resonator and then nothing after that and my car was louder WOT than my bros 66 vette with 4" side pipes and silencers

so the deeper sound comes from combining both banks into the single pipe where as true dual will be a higher pitch but flow a little better

the longer the exhaust travels the quieter the exit sound will be and the further back your mufflers are the quieter the sound

Kool. So you of any other brand name pipes that are stainless steel that aren't dual. I think I'm gonna go the single pipe setup like our cars are now but 3"

Yea I gotta hear some more sound clips. Some magnaflows sound slightly ricey/ European like

I know you don't get power gain unless you change the ENTIRE exhaust, like I have on my Camaro and Grand National. The only reason i want the exhaust changed IS for some better sound & air flow.

I already have kooks headers sitting in my garage for power gain.

Here's video of my SC with longtube headers 3" collectors, single 3.5" Magnaflow resonator and dual 3" Magnaflow open chamber mufflers. To me it sounds like an Infinity G35 on crack. It also has mind numbing drone.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfdSGW4pQEA

David

Doesn't sound bad Dave. But not what im looking for. I guess I have to put a cam in or some cut outs to really get what i want ;(

that sounds like muffs near the rear...

I wish I got a sound clip of my turn downs...I can still disconnect the rear exhaust and get a sound clip...I might be doing that this summer cause I need to drop my tank again :mad:, but I dont think that will benefit you

it does sound sweet though, but way too much interior resonance for hwy driving

Back