Thump Racing Billet Tensioner Pulleys

Nettlesd

I contacted Thump Racing and they are willing to do tensioner pulleys for us for $65.00 each.

They will also make the tensioner assembly for us for $395.00 each if 3-5 guys buy three tensioners each (since our car uses 3 we have to buy all 3).

Let me know who's in and what you want.

http://www.thumpracing.com/

Questions/Answers:

Q: Will the pulleys be HARD ANODIZED?
A: Yes, for $10 more per pulley

Q: Single or Dual bearing?
A: Single

Q: Pulley Sizes?
A: 70mm or 76mm can be ordered

Q: How do we order?
A: Thump Racing will set up a secure website for ordering

Q: When will we get our pulleys?
A: Once the group buy has closed, Thump Racing will need 2-3 weeks to produce the order. The pulleys will come directly from Thump Racing.

Pulleys are ready to be ordered. The company will be putting up a page for us to order so I'll put that into this page when I receive it.

Last edited:
Will the MP heavy duty springs fit in these?

Or would they have something better in them already?

They do have a whole set of our tensioner assemblies so I would think that if they copy what they have then the MP springs would be able to fit them.

I'll have to ask and see what they come with. They source a spring but I'm not sure how strong that spring is.

I be interested in pulleys and maybe some tensioners. I know the spring they have in the cobra tensioner they have is very stout.

The only thing if I got tensioners I would like the accessory belt tensioner reversed for the AC delete. I will prolly only get pulleys cause of this unless they can accomodate. Would prolly also need a ribbed pulley.

I've bought 3 different sets of these in the past...they've never held up. Either the face of the pulley is to soft or the bearing gets messed up and squeaks or wobbles.

Do you think these guys will be better??

I've currently gone back to the stock plastic pulleys.

Not bashing this stuff just cautious after 3 failures.

Very good questions, Brian. Not really sure how to answer those questions since I don't know. All I can do is ask.

In the meantime, you know you want to support any vendor who is willing to make something for us. I'll put you down for 3 sets of pulleys and 2 sets of belt tensioners. ;) Every fast car needs some billet stuff on their car. :D

Last edited:
I love buying pretty pulleys, I would definately look at a set of pulleys.

Tentioners.......probably not.

Just to clarfy.

The web site shows 76mm at 39.00.

I understand they are being used by members but require a 2mm shim to keep them off the assembly.

Is the extra 26.00 compensating for the shim with a revised offset. (special run)

Paul

They are in NJ 35 miles from where I live in NY. Id be happy to drive out to them on a saturday if they want to look at a car in person.

Personally the only way Id want a new assymbly is if its going to help me out with that little belt lenght issues( with UD pulleys) without looking rigged up.

Also maybe they can create some kind of double tensioner setup like ive seen on lightnings and cobras to get more belt contact on blower pulley

Just a thought

The set I bought are clear anodized. Also, a 2mm shim is required so the pulley doesn't rub on the tensioner itself.

I've never heard of these having issues with the bearings wearing out. I've had them on my car for a good 8 months, granted, that's only 3-500 miles.

-Corey

They are in NJ 35 miles from where I live in NY. Id be happy to drive out to them on a saturday if they want to look at a car in person.

Damon,

I think that would be a good idea. Let me see if they would be willing to meet up with you. Give me a few days to work that out and I will PM you.

I dont know what I was thinking but the blowe tensioner we have gives plenty of belt contact..The accesory tenioner however....Plus we see that one!

Couple of answers. Wanting on the others.

• 70mm or 76mm can be ordered or any combination
  • Single bearing only.
  • Suppose to accommodate 10 rib set ups. I'll see if Damon can confirm that.

Damon,

Are you available to meet on Saturday? I need to know so that I can tell them.

Everyone else,

If you are ready to buy a set then I need your full name, screen name, pulley size and quantity. I will update the first post with that information and then contact you when we are ready to order.

Example:
Duane Nettles - nettlesd - 76mm - 3 or

Duane Nettles - nettlesd - 70mm - 2 - 76mm - 1

Duane,

This saturday may be bad but I dont see an issue for next. I'm having an idle (non existant) issue which I need to work out. I cant afford to get stuck in NYC traffic on my way into NJ. The distance isnt far but stop and go with no idle will be a killer. Maybe I can get Manny to go. Crash. He lives relatively close as well if it needs to be this weekend

Back