I have two issues I need help on please!

Blackthunder94

Hi all,

I am new to the forums and have done some modifications to my T-Bird. I need a 25 tooth speedo gear...(3:73 manual). I am reading that these gears are only after market and because they are not designed for T-birds they do not line up perfectly and prematurely wear out. Where do I get these and is there a corresponding part to make them align perfectly.

Secondly I have put headers on my T-bird and the steering shaft rubs against the header...Is there a thinner shaft out there...I think I heard the Cobra aluminum one was thinner and could bolt up, but I can not confirm that or find which year cobra had a steering shaft that would bolt up. Any help would be appreciated.

I know just enough about this car that I am dangerous! :( But I will try to add my .02 whenever possible to help!!

I don't know of anyone that makes a speedo gear with more than 23 teeth. :confused:

I also am not aware of any Mustang steering shaft that will bolt up, but if you look at posts 54, 56 and 57 in THIS thread, you'll see how I solved the problem with my Kooks headers. ;)

Back