free door striker bushings

mmathews

Anyone want any? I made them out of pvc on a lathe and sanded to length. They work perfect on my own car.

I am getting pm's. If i dont reply, dont stress, I'll just mail them to you. Also, please let me know if there are any problems with them. They do work on my car but you never know. I dont mind sendin another set out at different specs but if they aren't quite right i would like to know before i make a bunch. If you guys need any small round parts, just let me know. Most of my work is with aluminum. I get cut offs. Sometimes up to 4" in diameter. That limits my tooling from small pins to possibly a blower pulley.

I am shipping the first orders monday. Everyone i have an address for will get a set shipped then. If you wanna donate, just mail somethin back. I really dont mind doin it. The wall thickness varied on the pvc. It didn't affect mine. The o.d. is consistent. Also, they are rough cut to length. Probly a mm or so long. You can grind them down if you want a true edge. I just tightened mine and squished them. Enjoy :) lemme know if they work

Are they the front mounts? If i am right, i tried to find a set cause mine were clunking. I couldn't find any so i modified mine. The only thing listed were pinion bushings and rear carrier bushing but were unavailable. Is this the right part?

They are the carrier bushings. And a good friend of mine is running them without issue on a sced 4.6 mn12.

they just showed up in the mail. i was shocked at first wandering(who do i know in pa) opened it up and it came to me. they are without question better than i expected. i got the mother-in-laws car over here atm getting an all new front end, 4 tires and alignment done. once i get this finished ill install the new bushing onto my car. tyvm

Stephen

The fit and function on the passenger side (which was still OEM factory ) was so good, I replaced the Dorman part on the driver's side!

Mr. Matthews - I think you really ought to be selling these here, and over on TCCoA. There's a market for these at a reasonable price - and considering the striker bolt kit is about $7 to $15 EACH, I bet you could mail these out for like $5 to $7.50 shipping included.

A good part, a good fit, and something we need. I give two thumbs up! :D

RwP

M Matthews,

I received half an envelope. It would appear that the envelope didn’t survive the USPS mailing machine. Could you send me another set? I’ll send you another PM with my address again.

lol! i'll send another set.

thanks for the feedback. i'll ship the rest of my freebee's tomorrow. then i'll have to charge a couple bucks.

lol! i'll send another set.

thanks for the feedback. i'll ship the rest of my freebee's tomorrow. then i'll have to charge a couple bucks.

i REALLY can't urge enough that you also pop over to TCCoA.COM - where there's folks that own non-SC Thunderbirds (shock, yeah, they made some with NA 3.8s and even - heretical as it may sound! V8s in them! I know, who'da thunk?) - there's always folks there looking for these.

At $2 for a pair mailed, you'll probably be able to make a few bucks for taking the SO out for a good meal :cool:

RwP

I shipped the other batch today. I couldn't make it to the post office yesterday. Lets hope everyone gets a complete envelope. I made a blower pulley tonight. It worked out pretty well. I'll post some pictures of it eventually

Back