Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: free door striker bushings

free door striker bushings

Anyone want any? I made them out of pvc on a lathe and sanded to length. They work perfect on my own car.

PM sent....

Ditto. I'd love some.

I am getting pm's. If i dont reply, dont stress, I'll just mail them to you. Also, please let me know if there are any problems with them. They do work on my car but you never know. I dont mind sendin another set out at different specs but if they aren't quite right i would like to know before i make a bunch. If you guys need any small round parts, just let me know. Most of my work is with aluminum. I get cut offs. Sometimes up to 4" in diameter. That limits my tooling from small pins to possibly a blower pulley.

Thumbs up

I'll take a set. Thanks for doing that!

I am shipping the first orders monday. Everyone i have an address for will get a set shipped then. If you wanna donate, just mail somethin back. I really dont mind doin it. The wall thickness varied on the pvc. It didn't affect mine. The o.d. is consistent. Also, they are rough cut to length. Probly a mm or so long. You can grind them down if you want a true edge. I just tightened mine and squished them. Enjoy lemme know if they work

Shipped today.

Ill pay for a set of aluminum differential bushings....

Are they the front mounts? If i am right, i tried to find a set cause mine were clunking. I couldn't find any so i modified mine. The only thing listed were pinion bushings and rear carrier bushing but were unavailable. Is this the right part?

Quote Originally Posted by sinhumane View Post
    Ill pay for a set of aluminum differential bushings....
    Didn't someone just crack their aluminum differential case from using aluminum front bushings with a stock rear mount? Just something to consider...
    God bless!!!

Former Birds:
    1990 SC auto ... red outside, gray cloth inside ... ~225,000 miles ... Sold.
    1990 SC auto ... white outside, gray cloth inside ... ~150,000 miles ... wrecked.
    1989 Base auto ... Crystal Blue metallic outside, dark blue inside ... ~160,000 miles ... Sold.

They are the carrier bushings. And a good friend of mine is running them without issue on a sced 4.6 mn12.

Quote Originally Posted by S_Mazza View Post
    Didn't someone just crack their aluminum differential case from using aluminum front bushings with a stock rear mount? Just something to consider...
    But I have a Manual FWIW

they just showed up in the mail. i was shocked at first wandering(who do i know in pa) opened it up and it came to me. they are without question better than i expected. i got the mother-in-laws car over here atm getting an all new front end, 4 tires and alignment done. once i get this finished ill install the new bushing onto my car. tyvm

Stephen

way cool

I need four door strikers. Let me know what you need to cover expenses. Contact me directly at: [email protected]. Thanks, Carin.

Quote Originally Posted by mmathews View Post
    Anyone want any? I made them out of pvc on a lathe and sanded to length. They work perfect on my own car.

Thumbs up

The fit and function on the passenger side (which was still OEM factory ) was so good, I replaced the Dorman part on the driver's side!

Mr. Matthews - I think you really ought to be selling these here, and over on TCCoA. There's a market for these at a reasonable price - and considering the striker bolt kit is about $7 to $15 EACH, I bet you could mail these out for like $5 to $7.50 shipping included.

A good part, a good fit, and something we need. I give two thumbs up!

RwP