engine block plate

flynbrd

Just curious about the engine block plate (the steel plate between the motor and tranny). 3.8 and 5.0 the same plate/interchangable?

Just curious about the engine block plate (the steel plate between the motor and tranny). 3.8 and 5.0 the same plate/interchangable?

thats a somewhat good question. i know the trannys are but not sure about the plates. if all else fails use a good grinding bit and make it work.

I am not sure about between a 3.8 and 5.0

However I did take an eninge out, ( at a u-pull-r-parts) and it was of an auto car.. and that plate between the Transmission and engine I was told is different between an Automatic Transmission, and a Manual Transmission.

Automatic being of Thin Aluminum

Manual being of thicker Steel I believe.

So with that... if you are looking for one to modify (if needed) for the 5.0 be sure to find one from an Automatic.... It will be easier to work with.

Karl

I am not sure about between a 3.8 and 5.0

However I did take an eninge out, ( at a u-pull-r-parts) and it was of an auto car.. and that plate between the Transmission and engine I was told is different between an Automatic Transmission, and a Manual Transmission.

Automatic being of Thin Aluminum

Manual being of thicker Steel I believe.

So with that... if you are looking for one to modify (if needed) for the 5.0 be sure to find one from an Automatic.... It will be easier to work with.

Karl

now that i think of it, i have an auto plate. and yes they are very different from auto to manual. if you can forward me a pic of what you intend to use or are looking at, i can check mine and see if they are the same.

now that i think of it, i have an auto plate. and yes they are very different from auto to manual. if you can forward me a pic of what you intend to use or are looking at, i can check mine and see if they are the same.

I have a 5spd plate....

I can try to get a picture of it tomorrow for you..

I think they are the same design... just the 5spd plate is more heavy duty..

This is the Thicker 5spd plate...

It has been sand blasted and painted with aluminum colored paint.

Karl

Attachments

• 0312011117.jpg
    0312011117.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 64
Back