100,000 Mile 1994 SC Performance Overhaul Parts List...Any suggestions?

Mike Manzo

Here are the parts I will be purchasing over the winter months for installation in the spring...

Any suggestions or ideas?

1. Eibach 1.5 Springs
2. Tokico Shocks (Elec Adjust) Want performance with good ride, not track performance like Koni Yellows...
3. TCCOA 1 1/4 Front and Rear Sway Bars
4. MN12 Performance Poly Bushing Kits (Front Suspension, IRS, Rear Suspension, Engine Mounts and Trans Mounts)
5. Magnecor 8.5mm Wires
6. Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace
7. Kenny Brown Rear Brace
8. Kenny Brown Front Suspension Brace
9. KVR Cross Drilled / Plated Rotors (maybe 13" brake kit too)
10. Kooks Coated Headers
11. SCCOA Downtubes
12. Worley (if he still exists) Chromed Blower top and IC Tube
13. Magnum Powers Magnaport II (group buy)
14. Magnum Powers Inlet Plenum
15. 75mm Throttle Body
16. 76mm C&L MAF
17. Misc. Suspension Bushings that have deteriorated
18. BHJ Dampner and some kind of pulley
19. Transmission Cooler w/ Fan
20. Autometer Cobalt ($maybe) Temp and Oil press on A-Pillar
21. ROH Snypers @ 17x8 front and 17x9 rear
21. Pirelli P7000 Supersport 245/45 front & 275/40 rear (maybe wider if avail for rear)
22. 5% Overdrive pulley inherited from my 1993 SC
23. Custom Made High-Efficiency Radiator

Depending on the money available, I may cut the list a bit short, but most of the items will be bought as soon as possible. I plan to pimp out my 94 with as much perfomance parts as possible when the clock strikes 100,000.

I already have the following:

1. Magnaflow 2 1/2 Cats to dual in 2 1/2 Stainless Magnaflow Resonator out to 3" then into dual 2 1/2 Magnaflow Stainless Mufflers
2. Densecharger Cold Air Intake
3. Magnum Powers 3" Chrome Tube
4. Recently Installed Reman'd Transmission
5. MN12 EEC Tuner w/ Dr. Fred's blessings

I figure the headers and downtubes will mate nicely with the exhaust that right now has custom tubes to the stock manifolds (for warranty reasons)

My question is...With the Magnaport II and larger throttle body, would it be wise to get larger injectors? I know it seems like a dumb question (more air = more fuel), but would this be absolutely needed? I plan to get a CMRE Stage II or DR FRED engine that will need 42lb injectors, but I assume that the setup I will be running with the stock engine will only dictate a need for 38lb Injectors and thus creating an un-needed expense to buy the temporary 38lb injectors.

Can I get away with 42lb injectors and just EEC-Tune them down? I am not sure.

About the parts mentioned...What do you all think of the choices? I know there is some debate over the Tokico shocks, but I am looking to keep a LITTLE bit of luxury in this ride and would like to retain the use of the ARC since it still functions AOK.

Any input would be nice...

Thanks!

Mike Manzo

My only suggestion would be to rethink your shock/spring combo. I have heard too many people complain about the Eibach spring/Tokico shock combo saying it is too floaty. I think this comes from the fact that the Eibach's are variable rate and a little softer initially. I would suggest either the Tokico springs and shocks or the Koni adjustable shocks. Did you ever get that '93 up and running? Seems like everytime I see you on the board you are putting a new engine in either of the cars. What is the tally up to by now? :)

I need lots of parts for '95 SC! (cheap!)

Do you have any parts left? Donnie189

Mike Manzo said:
Here are the parts I will be purchasing over the winter months for installation in the spring...

Any suggestions or ideas?

1. Eibach 1.5 Springs
2. Tokico Shocks (Elec Adjust) Want performance with good ride, not track performance like Koni Yellows...
3. TCCOA 1 1/4 Front and Rear Sway Bars
4. MN12 Performance Poly Bushing Kits (Front Suspension, IRS, Rear Suspension, Engine Mounts and Trans Mounts)
5. Magnecor 8.5mm Wires
6. Kenny Brown Strut Tower Brace
7. Kenny Brown Rear Brace
8. Kenny Brown Front Suspension Brace
9. KVR Cross Drilled / Plated Rotors (maybe 13" brake kit too)
10. Kooks Coated Headers
11. SCCOA Downtubes
12. Worley (if he still exists) Chromed Blower top and IC Tube
13. Magnum Powers Magnaport II (group buy)
14. Magnum Powers Inlet Plenum
15. 75mm Throttle Body
16. 76mm C&L MAF
17. Misc. Suspension Bushings that have deteriorated
18. BHJ Dampner and some kind of pulley
19. Transmission Cooler w/ Fan
20. Autometer Cobalt ($maybe) Temp and Oil press on A-Pillar
21. ROH Snypers @ 17x8 front and 17x9 rear
21. Pirelli P7000 Supersport 245/45 front & 275/40 rear (maybe wider if avail for rear)
22. 5% Overdrive pulley inherited from my 1993 SC
23. Custom Made High-Efficiency Radiator

Depending on the money available, I may cut the list a bit short, but most of the items will be bought as soon as possible. I plan to pimp out my 94 with as much perfomance parts as possible when the clock strikes 100,000.

I already have the following:

1. Magnaflow 2 1/2 Cats to dual in 2 1/2 Stainless Magnaflow Resonator out to 3" then into dual 2 1/2 Magnaflow Stainless Mufflers
2. Densecharger Cold Air Intake
3. Magnum Powers 3" Chrome Tube
4. Recently Installed Reman'd Transmission
5. MN12 EEC Tuner w/ Dr. Fred's blessings

I figure the headers and downtubes will mate nicely with the exhaust that right now has custom tubes to the stock manifolds (for warranty reasons)

My question is...With the Magnaport II and larger throttle body, would it be wise to get larger injectors? I know it seems like a dumb question (more air = more fuel), but would this be absolutely needed? I plan to get a CMRE Stage II or DR FRED engine that will need 42lb injectors, but I assume that the setup I will be running with the stock engine will only dictate a need for 38lb Injectors and thus creating an un-needed expense to buy the temporary 38lb injectors.

Can I get away with 42lb injectors and just EEC-Tune them down? I am not sure.

About the parts mentioned...What do you all think of the choices? I know there is some debate over the Tokico shocks, but I am looking to keep a LITTLE bit of luxury in this ride and would like to retain the use of the ARC since it still functions AOK.

Any input would be nice...

Thanks!

Mike Manzo

donnie189 said:
Do you have any parts left? Donnie189
Wholy thread revival Batman :) After almost 3 years, I suspect that if he does have any parts that weren't installed they might be pretty cheap by now. As a matter of fact, I think Mike sold his car last year.

Back