The Saga of the turd

Your converter (expensive or not) was out of a ford explorer and your transmission isnt the most elequent of peices! Thats what Im talking about. Nice transmisison, proper gears and a properly stalled converter fo ryour car would wak eit up big time. Thats where your missing time is. That and good tires!

His car will clearly run faster if he fine tunes some of what you mention, but to compare the two cars at this stage is pointless because when you get right down to it we aren't even running the same mods. He has larger injectors, bigger intake assembly, MAF, TB and such.

Both cars have room for improvement so as he said, let's see what happens in the spring. Hell I haven't been to the track in who knows how long. I'll be happy just to find the starting line next year.

His car will clearly run faster if he fine tunes some of what you mention, but to compare the two cars at this stage is pointless because when you get right down to it we aren't even running the same mods. He has larger injectors, bigger intake assembly, MAF, TB and such.

Both cars have room for improvement so as he said, let's see what happens in the spring. Hell I haven't been to the track in who knows how long. I'll be happy just to find the starting line next year.

mmhmmmmmmmm........So the birdie says. All I was saying is Millers car now has a nice engine.....The rest just isnt ideal. Hes quick because the cars light. But in the end. If you are talking drag times..Its a combination of thinsg that gets you from point a to point b the quickest. And thats all that matters. Youll never see me comparing my car ever thats for surea sit will likely never be raced. Nothing to compare!

Ohh wow his car still missing all that ? My car woke up huge just with a mild 11" 2600 stall cheapo conveter and shift kit... im sure a 9.5" and a lentech vb would do 10 times better

So a few weeks ago i took the car out for a whoopin, i let off the gas at top of 3rd and got a CEL n it started making noises and stuff so i pulled in home quick and it shut off. Motor was seized up. Found the cam stalk gear broken up that spins the oil pump. Well long story short, pulled it all out today and i had spun a main and welded the bearing to the crank, and spun 3 rod bearings pretty bad. The heads and cam and pistons and everything else is okay but the bottom is wiped out. The funny part is that this engine was supposed to be all built up. It had new pistons but stock everything else...

. The funny part is that this engine was supposed to be all built up. It had new pistons but stock everything else..

Argg, so irritating. That is one of the reasons that if I buy a motor, I tear it down to check everything before installing it in anything. You just never know in most cases.

So did something break loose and jam the oil pump, thus the failures? Or was the distributor shaft failure a secondary thing?

Back