NEED HELP! Car Died wont start

bkosonen

So, the other day on the freeway, I was cruising and the car sputtered tach dropped all the lights came on and it died, turns over fine just wont fire. I have not pulled codes yet as I cant find my code reader. What do you guys think??

So, the other day on the freeway, I was cruising and the car sputtered tach dropped all the lights came on and it died, turns over fine just wont fire. I have not pulled codes yet as I cant find my code reader. What do you guys think??

Sounds like a balancer failure, which usually damages the crank sensor in the process. Does the upshift light stay on while cranking ? In addition to inspecting the balancer, check the crank sensor wiring harness where it passes close to the supercharger belt. I've seen several cars where the belt rubbed through the harness and cut a couple wires, causing the same thing to happen.

David

Last edited:
It has a brand new balancer on it, a after-market one rec. here. for got the name I think BHJ . I pulled codes I got these

I have the fan by pass done to the car so thats why I'm getting the 564. The 522 Says not in Neutral or Park when KOEO test. It was in first Gear when I pulled codes. then 10 I have no clue, but 211 looks like were my problem is, say's profile ignition pickup (pip) circuit fault.

Even though you just replaced the balancer I would start by looking at it. Make sure the sensor is in good condition.

The owner before me replaced it. I will look it over. I have a extra DIS in my tool box. Do I have to remove the crank pully to replace the Crankshaft position sensor?

Might make it easier but I don't think it's necessary. I was able to get in there with a small 1\4 swivel and socket.

211 - Two or more successive erratic Profile Ignition Pickups (PIP) pulses occurred, resulting in a possible engine miss or stall.

The others are irrelevant, I was curious why you put a 10 up there, you only have three or two digit codes. You seem to have three, did you want to read the codes again and see if you get another digit?

If you have PIP codes you should look at your crank sensor.

If I had to guess I would think your new balancer has taken out your new sensor.

Last edited:
Balancer

The owner before me replaced it. I will look it over. I have a extra DIS in my tool box. Do I have to remove the crank pully to replace the Crankshaft position sensor?

I have just been down this road. make sure you have the correct length bolt for the balancer. If there are spacer washer in there make sure they don't move. When the PO of my car added them he torqued the bolt, but the bolt was bottoming out in the crank before it tightened up the slack with the washers. The HB walked forward, wobbled and took out my sensor.

If you replace the bolt make sure you get M14x1.5 Grade 10.9

Last edited:
Well somewhat good news, looking over the wiring looks like the belt rubbed through the wiring harness for the crank sensor. Do the new Crank sensors with with the wiring harness? how should I fix this?

This is what you get.

IMAG0672.jpg

If you need the actual wire harness I have one.

-B

Sweet thanks man. I guess it would be better to just replace the sensor and all instead of splicing the wiring back right?

I already took out the Sensor that was easy. Auto zone has one for $20 I don't like autozone, whats a good one to get?

I already took out the Sensor that was easy. Auto zone has one for $20 I don't like autozone, whats a good one to get?

20$ ? I would try that one.

Autozone is crap, yes. Not all their parts are crap however.....

As far as brand name? I dunno, I wouldn't worry too much.....

Back