92+ fuel tank heat shield

Mine is rotted badly, does anyone have one?

I'm going to a Pick'N'Pull to help load a cart up for a $100-for-all-you-can-carrry-on-a-cart sale - they've got a 93+ MN12 there. I'll check the heat shield and get back if they have it still.

RwP

I'm going to a Pick'N'Pull to help load a cart up for a $100-for-all-you-can-carrry-on-a-cart sale - they've got a 93+ MN12 there. I'll check the heat shield and get back if they have it still.

RwP

It was a 1997 Cougar 4.6L . Now, one minor problem - that year, it looks like the heat shield is crimped to the gas tank.

And no, it wasn't punctured - the sucker still has gas in it (oof!)

I can drop it tomorrow, but I'd drop it tank and all.

I see that 275hptbirdsc has one - be better to get from him, I think

RwP

as far as i know they are all spot welded together, it only takes about 5 min to drill them out. i would buy the whole tank from you, either way is fine. where are you located?

I have a bad 92+ tank that the heat shield is still in great shape on. I can remove it and ship it if your interested. I'll post pictures later this afternoon. Send me you zip and I can see on the shipping price

as far as i know they are all spot welded together, it only takes about 5 min to drill them out. i would buy the whole tank from you, either way is fine. where are you located?

Louisiana.

Hmm .. if I can get it out tomorrow AM (and get it on the cart!) how about $25 plus shipping? With the old pump and filter in it?

Shipping will be a Right Royal Pain, though.

Hmm ...

Might pull it and keep it ANYWAY - I've been wanting one to allow me to straighten up the exhaust line on Ruby Jean (the 1991).

RwP

as long as it's just surface rust that looks fine to me. my plan is to use etching primer and then undercoating on it. the best way to ship im my opinion is usps, not always the cheapest but you get the most accurate online estimate. pm me a total price when you get a chance, thanks

Back