What color caliper?

Im with David red looks good with a black car. Plus its a typical color for calipers in hipo cars nowadays. Silver or blue would work equally as well. I went with black to make things easier as I have an off colored car. Thats an option as well!

35th Anny w/red calipers front & rear.

Attachments

• IMG_0005.jpg
    IMG_0005.jpg
    191.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMG_0090.jpg
    IMG_0090.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 90
What color is the interior?
ANY other colors on the car?

Agreed Red does look good, if you don't have another color on the car to color match the calipers.

I put red cobras on mine and before didnt think it would look good cause my car is white, but red tends to look good on any color car...

I was thinking black but its kinda cool to have them stand out

The cobras came from a 95 SC before I got them and it looked awesome...he also had the rears painted red too

What kind of wheels are on it?

I was thinking something like this. The interior is tan. Sorry, this isn't much of a poll. I couldnt figure out how to make it a poll:eek:. I'm about to redo the suspension so I figured id do the brakes as well. I'll get the wheels when I paint the car. I was thinking red or silver but am leaning towards red.

Attachments

• sc wheel.jpg
    sc wheel.jpg
    20.4 KB · Views: 63
I was thinking something like this. The interior is tan. Sorry, this isn't much of a poll. I couldnt figure out how to make it a poll:eek:. I'm about to redo the suspension so I figured id do the brakes as well. I'll get the wheels when I paint the car. I was thinking red or silver but am leaning towards red.

I like those a lot. Nice.

I think I would probably do a gloss black, if the SC is black and the wheels have some black in them.

You know, one thing that would make these cars look a little nicer is if we could get plated rotors. I know a lot of higher-end cars have cadmium-plated rotors stock, and they are available aftermarket for a lot of cars now. It would be nice to see no rust inside the wheels!

Hey Thomas!

I went with red on mine. The previous owners of my wife's Mustang painted the cailpers yellow...it's grown on me and I would consider yellow calipers too - especially if you have a color theme going on. :cool:

If you have any colors that stand out on your car (besides the main paint color), matching whatever that color is would probably look pretty good. I don't think I would paint calipers the same color as the rest of the car though - unless it is black or maybe silver.

Hey Thomas!

I went with red on mine. The previous owners of my wife's Mustang painted the cailpers yellow...it's grown on me and I would consider yellow calipers too - especially if you have a color theme going on. :cool:

If you have any colors that stand out on your car (besides the main paint color), matching whatever that color is would probably look pretty good. I don't think I would paint calipers the same color as the rest of the car though - unless it is black or maybe silver.

I had considered yellow but my wife hates it :rolleyes:. Those wheels say closeout and there is only 2 left so maybe these:

Attachments

• sc wheel 2.jpg
    sc wheel 2.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 62
I had considered yellow but my wife hates it :rolleyes:. Those wheels say closeout and there is only 2 left so maybe these:

I just went through this on my Roush, I was going to paint them with G2 but could not get the finish I wanted, I sprayed G2 on my J-Hook road racing rotors on the edges and center hats, was not happy and had them stripped and zinc plated in black so the J-Hooks will show up after the pads wear through the zinc on the pad surface, after the disappointment with my rotors I packed up all 4 calipers and sent them to

http://www.tiradocustomcoatings.com/

I have not gotten the calipers back yet as they are on a FedEx truck but I have photos on my Photo Bucket album. I will upload some of the rotors to, don't forget about dressing the rotors up as they make a complete package.
Lee

http://s251.photobucket.com/albums/gg287/LeeUnd11/?start=all&mediafilter=images

DSCN7333.jpg

DSC01992.jpg

Last edited:
my brother painted my calipers gold. it actually looks pretty good. my car is black w/ red interior. stock wheels. i can get a pic. if you want.

I have a black 89 with black/titanium interior. I went with black since I think red ones are all over the place.

I have a 93 silver/silver interior and I doing blue calipers. The guy before me put Ford blue oval decals on lower molding, so that ties it in.

Attachments

• DCP_0003.jpg
    DCP_0003.jpg
    405.1 KB · Views: 41
I painted the calipers and all but the pad surface of the rotors gloss black I think it looks great with my black car and 6 spoke enkei wheels.

Back