Any try CRME motor + AR kit combo?

I wonder why a guy like Jim would sell his car after all of that work and money??? I guess for the same stupid reason I sold my 90 11 years ago. I was just plain out of mind.

I wonder why a guy like Jim would sell his car after all of that work and money??? I guess for the same stupid reason I sold my 90 11 years ago. I was just plain out of mind.

probably had enough of it, same reason most sell a car, time to move on to something else

probably had enough of it, same reason most sell a car, time to move on to something else

it's funny. I had these cars in between my 1990 SC

1995 GT - 347 Stroker with lots of mods. best ET 12.18
1991 LX Notchback - 331 Stroker, blown and huge mods. best ET 10.48
1973 Mach1 Full rotisserie restoration. Ran at the track once Best ET 14.2
1985.5 SVO Mustang - restoration. Never Ran at the track. beautiful car.
2008 Grabber Orange GT/CS auto - remained stock until I traded it for my 2012 Mustang GT
2012 Mustang GT 6 speed manual - Most over rated car I ever owned. It was quick for a stock car but I didn't like it and traded in on my 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost Super crew cab.

Where I was going with this is, I just never liked those other cars as much as my Thunderbird. As much trouble as the SC's can be and believe I know they are no picnic, I just don't have as much fun with the others as I do my SC's.

So I am back and hopefully to stay. :)

it's funny. I had these cars in between my 1990 SC

1995 GT - 347 Stroker with lots of mods. best ET 12.18
1991 LX Notchback - 331 Stroker, blown and huge mods. best ET 10.48
1973 Mach1 Full rotisserie restoration. Ran at the track once Best ET 14.2
1985.5 SVO Mustang - restoration. Never Ran at the track. beautiful car.
2008 Grabber Orange GT/CS auto - remained stock until I traded it for my 2012 Mustang GT
2012 Mustang GT 6 speed manual - Most over rated car I ever owned. It was quick for a stock car but I didn't like it and traded in on my 2012 F150 FX4 Ecoboost Super crew cab.

Where I was going with this is, I just never liked those other cars as much as my Thunderbird. As much trouble as the SC's can be and believe I know they are no picnic, I just don't have as much fun with the others as I do my SC's.

So I am back and hopefully to stay. :)

Stuff like this makes me feel better about having kept my XR7 all these years and continuing to mess with the SC's. Sometimes I get a little down about them and then I drive something else and I go back to preferring the SC. Fortunately for my bank account, I've never actually purchased other cars and come back to the SC.

The 89-90 XR7 features are the reason why I prefer my 90 XR7 over my 97 XR7. The day I decided I wanted a real XR7 was a number of years back. I was following Fred Gross to a car show. He was driving one of his supercoupes. I had my 97 5.4L. Though I was much faster in the straight line, and that day Fred gave up trying to outrun me. Fred decided to challenge me in a tight corner. He took off like a bat out of hell... Those motor driven shocks took command. My 97 with normal shocks could not make the corner and jumped the curve... I subsequently had the rims fixed by a biker and started to secretly make my plans to get a 90.

:cool:

These cars were way ahead of their time. When you look at what they were equipped with and the kind of functionality they had, you don't find that in many cars today.

The Mustang still doesn't have an IRS.
The Mustang still doesn't have an SA LA suspension in the front
The Mustang doesn't have Ride Control

These are big time functionality features that quite honestly not many cars have still to this day.

It's also odd that our 4,000 pound cars that were considered heavy in their day are average by todays standards.

The drag coefficient on our cars is still on par with todays cars.

The weight distribution on our cars is better than most cars today.

They get about 26 MPG on the highway. Hell my 2010 AWD Fusion didn't get that.

They have a wide wheel track

If you think about it. You put some larger brakes on our cars (were undersized in my opinion), and bolt on some parts to pick the horsepower up another 50-75 HP and you have a car that is every bit as capable as modern cars today. For one hell of a lot less mone than a new car today.

Of course I am a bit bias. :)

I agree our cars were ahead of their time (IMHO part of the reason they got discontinue). With less than $10k including purchase of the car you can have a SC that is on par if not quicker, better handling and better riding than those in the $30k-$35k range, possibly on par with those in $40k range.

As far a performance the base V6 mn-12 have the same unlimited top speed as the SRT-8 Charger, aerodynamics > than HP for top speed. Plus stock SC getting 30+ mpg hwy.

Just like to see a SC with direct injection, VVT and a modern head.

Back