Dynotech 3.5" Aluminum Driveshaft, CLOSED

rzimmerl

I have contacted Dynotech about getting a driveshaft, and have been quoted for a single replacement. So I thought why not start a group buy if they are interested again. What we would be getting is a 3.5" aluminum shaft complete with transmission yoke, solid body u-joints, rear flange, and high speed balanced. Shipping and handling is free in the US.

http://www.dynotechengineering.com/

If you are in post here with your year and transmission, or a custom length.

Alan at DirtyDog Performance will be handling all the details on ordering for this. As stated in another post you must contact him so he can take all your information and method of payment.
Loops will be $40 in a GP, I was talking about the driveshafts for $375.

Everyone who wants in on driveshafts or loops send me an email to alan at dirtydogperformance dot com. once 10 are counted I will get payments and make the orders.
Alan

Price is $375 each for an order of 10 shafts
1. rzimmerl - 90 AOD
2. XR7 Dave - custom - paid
3. XR7 Dave - custom - paid
4. ScrapSC - 90 AOD
5. Nickleman60 - 94 4R70W - paid
6. Payton - paid
7. Victor Malvar
8. jabaldaz - 5 speed
9. XR7Dave - paid
10. supercharged95 - 94 4R70W
11. macius8

UPDATE 4/28/2011

Everyone that signed up needs to contact Alan for payment and shipping details. The requirement of 10 shafts has been met and payments need to be collected.

Shipping clarification!
Shipping within the continental US is included. If you are not within the continental US other shipping arrangements must be made. Dynotech will ship anywhere within the continental US. If you have an air cargo facility you use for international orders or other place to ship the shaft to be picked up it can be sent there. I would prefer not to have shafts sent here as international shipping on these things can be complicated and UPS has severely ripped me off before by shipping one. If USPS would take them I would have no problem with them at all.
Now on that note everyone needs to contact me to finalize this.
513 898 1580 noon to midnight eastern time
alan at dirtydogperformance dot com
Alan

Last edited:
We need at least 10 to run another GP, I also just made loops to protect them I will try to get pictures of an installed one by the end of the week. If we get a gp going on 20 of the loops I can get them done for about $40 each plus shipping, buying at 10 a time is about $55 so 20 is definately the better deal. The way I understand it is that 20 uses more of the material on the table but does nto exceed one sheet so the cost of putting the sheet on the laser is greatly reduced.
Here is a picture of an assembled one.
Alan

Attachments

• loop.jpg
    loop.jpg
    302.5 KB · Views: 199
The driveshaft is something that I will be interested in. Would be great if we can get a group rate. Let me know if you need any other details.

Alan, I need 2 driveshaft hoops. Probably should start a separate thread for that though.

I was waiting for me to get one installed for pictures and instructions and the laser shop to make the next batch of them. I bought 5 for myself so I have 2 I can spare right now.
Alan

I was waiting for me to get one installed for pictures and instructions and the laser shop to make the next batch of them. I bought 5 for myself so I have 2 I can spare right now.
Alan

I would take two loops as well Alan.

Ryan, keep us posted. I might be interested in the shaft providing we get a good discount.

Thanks

Probably not what you guys are wanting to hear but $375 each shipped is as good as it gets, add 3% for credit card payments. I was afraid they would have gone up quite a bit. The supplier that makes parts for them is the same supplier that makes converter parts and everything took a 15% increase at the start of the year. Inflation in full swing.
Alan

I will make and cut them and ship them to your door for $250. :p:D

The economy is in a crunch and prices are going up???? Ya, that makes sense.

Can we get back to the driveshaft prices please.?.? :)

Yes back to the driveshafts, not the loops that somehow got brought up and need a thread started for them specifically.

Driveshafts are $375 in group of 10. Lets put this in motion. I'm happy with that price.

David is right, just got an email from Alan. $375 each for an order of 10, and I'm in for that price.

I'll add the details in the first post and the list of who's in. I'll add information as we go along.

Wut ? Did you say $375 for a driveshaft loop :confused:

They don't need to be laser cutting anything just buy 20 ft bars of 1/4" x 2" HF 1020. Saw, bend and drill.

David

Loops will be $40 in a GP, I was talking about the driveshafts for $375.

Everyone who wants in on driveshafts or loops send me an email to alan at dirtydogperformance dot com. once 10 are counted I will get payments and make the orders.
Alan

Back