fixing the oem radio"s

pro street rich

got a few of them around here that have stopped working. Does anyone know of a place/person that can bring them back to life?? I keep getting ones from the local junk yards, but they too are running out of good ones to use. Any help would be great......Thanks......Rich

TwoTimeSC, Paul Protos. Hes done two of mine and a number of them for several people here. He's quick, cheap and thorough.

just keeping something oem

I got one that I got new in 1990 and have been keeping it all stock. Just was hoping to maybe someday having one that might be worth something again...Rich

This location has one guy dedicated to restoring factory radios. He has his own lab and the parts he has makes the place look like a mess, but I have walked in with radios and said I need this pointing out a part and he walks over and grabs that part everytime. Been wanting to get a stock deck to put in my 89, but haven't found one since I am so cheap.;)

hmmmmm.....guess I will go put up an ad in the wanted section. :D

Ford & Garland Radio
(866) 977-5364
1304 Locust St, Des Moines, IA 50309

TwoTimeSC, Paul Protos. Hes done two of mine and a number of them for several people here. He's quick, cheap and thorough.

Paul Protots is the gold standard in OEM radio repair and restoration. Look no further. He's done 3-4 for me.

JD

Paul Protots is the gold standard in OEM radio repair and restoration. Look no further. He's done 3-4 for me.

JD

But he only works on 89-93 right? Isnt that what his web site says beause I need the radio/cd player in my 94 fixed.

Ira

got a few of them around here that have stopped working. Does anyone know of a place/person that can bring them back to life?? I keep getting ones from the local junk yards, but they too are running out of good ones to use. Any help would be great......Thanks......Rich

For the last 10+ years I have specialized in restoring/rebuilding the '89-'93 Premium Sound & JBL radios and CD players. They are notorious for failure and most places refuse to touch them today, citing that they are "unrepairable". They ARE repairable...it just takes a lot of time, effort, and experience to bring them back to like new operation in every respect.

I now rebuild the 1994-up units as well. They were more robust than the earlier units but even they are starting to fail now.
I also sell fully rebuilt radios & CD players that I keep in stock

The easiest way to reach me is via my email: polyscroll@hotmail.com

Many Thanks to all of you that have had kind words to say about my work!

Paul

Last edited:
Looks like I don't need to mention it, but Paul Protos did a fantastic job on repairing my stock CD player and head unit. He was even able to make all the knobs and buttons look factory fresh again!

Back