Interior replacement

1990_NW_SCKid

I'm looking into changing the interior in my black SC from the awful red to a black or grey. Do any of you know where to get new carpeting/dash pieces, etc? Also, in the dash of my car where a radio or CD player would go, above the vents, there's a standard DIN slot (where my current CD player is). Above that, there's another smaller slot that looks like it had a faceplate or something over it previously, but it's just an empty spot right now. Any ideas on what it is/what goes there? Thanks.

Try a wrecker for the interior pieces almost everything is
interchangeable from an LX to the SC .The slot above your
radio is for the VMM(vishual maintnence monitor)**** im having
a bad day with spelling.It just tells you your fluid levels and
when its time to change your oil.Posably find that at a wrecker
too.If not there is a VMM delete panal that can go there which
is a cheap item from ford.

Thanks for the help, I really appreciate it. Going to go to the junk yard this weekend hopefully and look for parts. Take care :D

-Kyle

dont think your gonna have very much luck with the dash pieces man, theyre a total bitch to take out. i guess if you really dont care about them you can break em out. im trying to remove the top section of my dash (the part with the radio slot and the empty slot you have) and the screws are a pain in the @$$ to get at. ive been trying for days and making posts on these forums for weeks and no one has any idea how to get em out.

actually, if you're talking about the screws at the top of the dash right next to the windshield, you're gonna have to go over and get an adapter from a tool store. it allows you to take screw out at difficult angles and tight places....mine only cost like 20 bucks and it saved many pieces of delicate plastic

no, im talking about two screws that hold the top piece of dash down. you gotta remove the center console and dash peice with heater controls to get at em. they are a real bitch.

Back