avoided a wreck last night

ThunderDave

On the way to work and waiting at a light to make a left turn. Turn light goes green arrow, so I start to pull out. I notice a car in the far right lane of the oncoming traffic that hasn't slowed down that much to stop for his red light. About half way across, I decided maybe he wasn't going to stop and as soon as I got to where I was looking out the passenger side window at his headlights and grill, as close as he was and the speed he was moving, I knew I was going to get hit. :eek:

I figured might as well mat it and at least keep him from hitting the cabin area and leave the rear portion for him to hit, if he does hit me. I was bracing and expecting the crash. Somehow how, don't know how, but he missed me. I was so surprise he didn't. I guess the low end torque and having it down in first helped me get out of the way. :)

I looked this morning and didn't see any skid marks where he might have made a serious attempt to slow down or stop. Oh, I had the radio up and it happened so fast, I didn't have time to turn it down, so I couldn't hear if he skidded or not. Anyway, thank to my car for saving itself. :cool: :D I love my SC and glad it's still in one piece. :D

>I looked this morning and didn't see any skid marks where he might have made a serious attempt to slow down or stop.

Maybe he has this new thing called ABS...I hear it pretty much works to prohibit skids - no skid...no mark, no squeal, and higher chance of no hit :)

>I looked this morning and didn't see any skid marks where he might have made a serious attempt to slow down or stop.

Maybe he has this new thing called ABS...I hear it pretty much works to prohibit skids - no skid...no mark, no squeal, and higher chance of no hit :)

If you really use your brakes, ABS or not, the tires will skid, squeal and mark at least a little. This is because some level of skid actually lets you stop faster than if the wheels keep turning with no skid at all.

This assumes that your brakes are in good enough condition to apply more force than the tires can take. I don't know the condition of that car.

I would guess that the other driver was so oblivious that they didn't brake at all. No horn, nothing? (I know they were in the wrong, but if they even thought they were in the right, wouldn't they honk at you?)

Glad you weren't killed. Enjoy the rest of your life! :D

Glad you were able to use your cars performance to get you out of an accident situation....:D

I was following an 18 wheeler when one of its DS rear trailer tires started to blow apart leaving rubber shrapnel all over the road....:eek:

Instead of slowing down and having to run over a big road gator, I hit the gas, moved over two lanes, and flew past the truck as the tire tread flew out into the middle of the highway.....:cool:

I looked in the rear view mirror and saw cars swerving all over the interstate trying to dodge the tire pieces....:eek:

What about the skid marks in your shorts.....

Oh yeah, checked for that too. :rolleyes: I tell ya, when I looked at the car through the passenger window and saw how close he was and how fast he was still going, I just knew he was going to hit me. After getting through the intersection, I didn't know how to react, that I had made it without getting hit. He couldn't have missed me by much at all. I'm just glad the car had enough torque to get me out of his way.

Back