5.0 5-speed 1989 XR7 $2000

XR7Kurt

Original 5-speed car. 5.0 conversion completed last April and I've been driving it almost everyday since then, over 16,000 miles. Maybe not 100% complete(the 5.0 swap), but 99%. I haven't installed the 1991 stand alone cruise control system, the check engine light is on because the ecu thinks it still has an egr valve, and the oil pressure sensor needs to be switched(the gauge is pegged high). Also the A/C is not hooked up, but it wasn't before.:rolleyes:

Engine/ecu/wiring harnesses came out of a 1991 XR7 with not much over 100,000 miles.

Many of the new parts installed, during the last year, and pictures can be found in my garage:
http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_vehicle.php?do=view_vehicle&id=122

I've recently installed a new distributor and radiator.

New parts installed when converted to 5.0:
Powermaster starter
flywheel
clutch/release bearing
SCP solid motor mounts
shorty headers
complete power steering rack with poly bushings and new lines
poly sway bar bushings
battery
summit harmonic balancer
summit underdrive pullies(alternator pulley not installed)
water pump
93 gas tank

I have had the car since 2003 when I bought it in South Carolina and it has been here in Tennessee after that so it is very solid. Exterior is it's weak area but is mostly cosmetic problems from 20 years of use, plus some very small hail dings from a recent storm.

Last edited:
Price reduced to basically the cost of all the new parts installed since last year.
This car took first place in the 2010 SC Shootout Horsepower competition in the naturally aspirated V8 category.
Dyno'd 204 HP and 270 torque. Ok, so it was the only car in the category.:rolleyes: It still did pretty well and ran 14.77@ 92.13mph.

Back