New Interior

XxSlowpokexX

Being my car WAS not running I decieded to put my new interior in. At first I was like WHY THE HELL AM I DOING THIS..I mean seriously. But once I got into it it became easier and easier. I bought the kit from Victor at Spinning wheels and its a Mocha/Black leather with perferated black leather inserts with a t-bird logo on each front seat only. I also got some extra perferated leather to do some of my interior panels. I' love to say I'm done however I still have yet to get enough gonads to rip the peices off my front door panels to do..Im afraid I will break them....Thats tomorrows project.

So here are a few shots of my rear panel peices I did and rear seat..Will take more photos tomorrow. Truth be told...The new leather makes my interior look very plasticy

ANYWAYS...

Attachments

• IMG00012-20110529-0210.jpg
    IMG00012-20110529-0210.jpg
    376.9 KB · Views: 222
  • IMG00013-20110529-0212.jpg
    IMG00013-20110529-0212.jpg
    276.8 KB · Views: 211
Nice. one of these days Ill spring for it. i just wish that it was not early style double stitched.

Nice! I've been mulling over doing black perforated inserts with mine to match my FR500 wheel. I may have to do it now:)

You can get it however you want. You just tell them and theyt make it. Once you get the hang of it its easy. Currently doing front door panels and rear armrests with my perferated lather. Its looking real god. Actually make sthe rest of my interior which is pretty much mint look like crud

Another thing. At first it seems intimidating and I was ready to throw in the towel after doing the rear seat bottom. I didnt realize you actually hav eto tak eteh entire front seat apart to do them...And ford still carries the headrest plastic mechanisms. I changed all 4 of em for under 40 bucks

You can get it however you want. You just tell them and theyt make it. Once you get the hang of it its easy. Currently doing front door panels and rear armrests with my perferated lather. Its looking real god. Actually make sthe rest of my interior which is pretty much mint look like crud

Damon,

I've never seen the seat covering kits offered in the maroon leather that I've got. I just assumed I'd have to switch to black.

David

David they custom make them from my understanding each time they do a kit. Unless teh leather is osolete or cant be found anywhere then there would be an issue. I dont think that sthe casehowever. Maybe just look into it even if your not buying. I cant believe how different the seats feel. Forget about how they look they are nice and soft.

Kurt I will get you the part #

Two more photos

Attachments

• IMG00020-20110530-2123.jpg
    IMG00020-20110530-2123.jpg
    283.5 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG00018-20110530-1433.jpg
    IMG00018-20110530-1433.jpg
    261.8 KB · Views: 1,169
Thanks guys. I spent the better part of today renmoving my rear window tint....WHAT A PIA!!! I need to still do the two rear armrests..I just was burnt out and didnt feel like removing the rear panels to do so.

The armrest was a pain. A lot of stretching. It came out pretty well.Just not happy with the one 90 degree corner at the front. Looks good but I just didnt know how to ternminate it ptoperly. My armrest had been getting caught up on the center console so I figured if I screwed it up no big deal !

The leather feels real nice. Just makes the inside feel like new again..Thing I need an fr500 steering wheel now!

If anyone goes to do this Id be happy to give them advice. Totally worth it

Looks good. Mine are actually the reverse of that two tone, titanium on the inside, black on the outside.

I took the seats out and took them to someone to reupholder, but they never got the bolsters right...I have to keep folding them under and if I ever move the bolsters inward they come out. Did you have any issues with this?

I didnt try shrinking the leather as I was told a few weeks in the sun will kind of do that. But yes the little bolster things have popped out on me. I was thinkin a little hot glue then reinstall. I havent driven it much and just noticed it happened once

Back