Aeromotive 340lph Stealth fuel pump

XR7 Dave

As some of you may know, Aeromotive and a couple other companies have been working on a new in tank fuel pump for us forced induction guys making over 400rwhp. The 255lph pump is taxed to it's limit (230lph) at the power levels some of us are making, so short of the whole fuel cell, external pump, etc, etc., the next best option is this new pump design from Aeromotive.

What is it? Well, it uses the same external housing as the traditional Walbro GS340, but replaces the traditional georotor pump design with a turbine which is much more efficient and more receptive to high voltage operating conditions. Think AR vs. M90 or even centrifugal vs. M90.

Anyway, so at the 60psi line pressure most big HP folks are running, this pump puts out 275lph and if you are so inclined you can increase voltage with a Boost-a-Pump and get up to 350lph @ 18V.

The beauty of this particular pump as opposed to some of the other high output turbine pumps is that it is a direct fitment for our cars. The stock fuel sock will fit right on and your connectors will plug right in.

These have been on backorder with almost all resellers for months but I'm happy to say that I have them in stock ready for immediate shipment. Cost is $175 + shipping. I can repackage them into a $5 mailing box so consider them $180 shipped in the lower 48.

11140_inlet.jpg

Dave is this something that a guy who has around 300hp could use and just bypass the 255lph upgrade?

i found these over 3 months ago at this price.. they are cheaper then your price
Dude, just like I said in Victor's thread, I'd rather pay a little more to support one of the club's vendors.

No need to come in here and crap on the thread.

i found these over 3 months ago at this price.. they are cheaper then your price

I myself buy from SCCoA venders. I have spent more sometimes for a product from a local vender than going to E bay because I get much in information and help from those same venders. Do you buy from Victor just because he offers a cheaper price or because he has help you in other areas?? I dont think getting on a thread where a guy is selling a product and telling people to go somewhere else is cool in the least

Ken

I myself buy from SCCoA venders. I have spent more sometimes for a product from a local vender than going to E bay because I get much in information and help from those same venders. Do you buy from Victor just because he offers a cheaper price or because he has help you in other areas?? I dont think getting on a thread where a guy is selling a product and telling people to go somewhere else is cool in the least

Ken

i all ways buy from victor because he has the best prices.. the way the economy is so bad i thought i would help out the ones like me looking for the best deal.... yes i buy from all othere venders all so sorry for stepping on someone else prade .. i just thought i would share

i all ways buy from victor because he has the best prices.. the way the economy is so bad i thought i would help out the ones like me looking for the best deal.... yes i buy from all othere venders all so sorry for stepping on someone else prade .. i just thought i would share

Thanks for looking out, it's always good to have competition to keep prices fair.

People have all sorts of reasons for buying wherever they do and I can appreciate yours. I buy from SC vendors when I can and I don't think an honest business person should be denied the right to make a reasonable profit or margin on parts. I've bought plenty of parts from Victor over the years but I find dealing with him is complicated at times and I have taken a public beating from him numerous times on these boards in spite of my patronage. Most of the time I find that buying from Bill is more convenient and I never get publicly derided by him when we disagree on something. Professional courtesy is important, IMO.

That being said, I do take exception when people try to gouge an unsuspecting shopper by trying to get $400 for a used B&M Ripper shifter when you can buy them Brand New from SCP for $229. You'll notice I didn't post that in your thread though because I respect your right to ask whatever price you want and I respect people's right to pay whatever they are comfortable with.

It is difficult to maintain a semi-neutral stance on these boards when Supercoupes are my business as well as my passion. I had a Supercoupe (XR7 actually) long before most people around here did and I will still have one long after many have gone on to other things. I am an SC enthusiast first, a vendor/supplier second which is one reason why price is not always the bottom line factor with what I buy and what I sell.

So if anyone wants one of these pumps, I do have them in stock and ready to ship. I'm just happy that we have a good alternative to the GS340 that most people are/were using up to now. :)

i did that because i dont want to sell it and it was a joke at 400.. that is just one of those things u keep a hold of... i dont want to sell it ... the 400 asking price was a joke for the shifter.. have to keep thing fun .. people take things too personal in here they cant take a joke.

quote xr7 dave
That being said, I do take exception when people try to gouge an unsuspecting shopper by trying to get $400 for a used B&M Ripper shifter when you can buy them Brand New from SCP for $229. You'll notice I didn't post that in your thread though because I respect your right to ask whatever price you want and I respect people's right to pay whatever they are comfortable with. :)[/QUOTE]

i bought my first sc in 96 and there was no one that was selling parts.. it was a 90 ... so i went and found one place back then and paid like 300 for a supercharger pulley

Thanks for looking out, it's always good to have competition to keep prices fair.

People have all sorts of reasons for buying wherever they do and I can appreciate yours. I buy from SC vendors when I can and I don't think an honest business person should be denied the right to make a reasonable profit or margin on parts. I've bought plenty of parts from Victor over the years but I find dealing with him is complicated at times and I have taken a public beating from him numerous times on these boards in spite of my patronage. Most of the time I find that buying from Bill is more convenient and I never get publicly derided by him when we disagree on something. Professional courtesy is important, IMO.

That being said, I do take exception when people try to gouge an unsuspecting shopper by trying to get $400 for a used B&M Ripper shifter when you can buy them Brand New from SCP for $229. You'll notice I didn't post that in your thread though because I respect your right to ask whatever price you want and I respect people's right to pay whatever they are comfortable with.

It is difficult to maintain a semi-neutral stance on these boards when Supercoupes are my business as well as my passion. I had a Supercoupe (XR7 actually) long before most people around here did and I will still have one long after many have gone on to other things. I am an SC enthusiast first, a vendor/supplier second which is one reason why price is not always the bottom line factor with what I buy and what I sell.

So if anyone wants one of these pumps, I do have them in stock and ready to ship. I'm just happy that we have a good alternative to the GS340 that most people are/were using up to now. :)

This thread got good over night. I'd scoop one up Dave but I'm going to wait until you have my junk landed at your shop.

i did that because i dont want to sell it and it was a joke at 400.. that is just one of those things u keep a hold of... i dont want to sell it ... the 400 asking price was a joke for the shifter.. have to keep thing fun .. people take things too personal in here they cant take a joke.

So the $40 stock supercharger pulley is a joke too? I guess it must be since you are claiming it is a 5% pulley for an 89-93. Or did I misunderstand that too? :rolleyes: I guess if you put it on a 94/5 supercharger it could be considered a 3% pulley, but to get 5% out of it would require a really trick belt setup.

The stock hood prop rods for $40 is another good joke considering they are about $20 ea. brand new with a lifetime warranty. Boy you were really hamming it up in that thread. :p

I do see the humor in it. Really I do! :D

My suggestion to you is that you go back to your own threads and post away. I don't mind the ebay link but the rest of your comments are not really appropriate here. I'd like to return this thread to its original topic if you don't mind, thanks.

With respect to the fuel pumps, I have them in stock for my own purposes and will continue to supply them to whoever needs or wants one, I just wanted to put it out there so people would know what I use, what I recommend, and what I have available. If anyone wants to buy on Ebay or elsewhere instead, by all means go ahead and do so. I'm not offended in the least.

So the $40 stock supercharger pulley is a joke too? I guess it must be since you are claiming it is a 5% pulley for an 89-93. Or did I misunderstand that too? :rolleyes: I guess if you put it on a 94/5 supercharger it could be considered a 3% pulley, but to get 5% out of it would require a really trick belt setup.

The stock hood prop rods for $40 is another good joke considering they are about $20 ea. brand new with a lifetime warranty. Boy you were really hamming it up in that thread. :p

I do see the humor in it. Really I do! :D

My suggestion to you is that you go back to your own threads and post away. I don't mind the ebay link but the rest of your comments are not really appropriate here. I'd like to return this thread to its original topic if you don't mind, thanks.

With respect to the fuel pumps, I have them in stock for my own purposes and will continue to supply them to whoever needs or wants one, I just wanted to put it out there so people would know what I use, what I recommend, and what I have available. If anyone wants to buy on Ebay or elsewhere instead, by all means go ahead and do so. I'm not offended in the least.

yes it is for a 94 to 95 would make it a 5 % pulley ...... from the 89 sc pulley..

i want to refresh your memory for victor .. he has been having surgery for the last year for numerous time .. but look at this post and read what u said .. u are himpcrite on what u say because u dont rember what u said in the passed ..

here is the link

http://www.sccoa.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66904&page=2

Ironworker, When Dave mentioned those injector prices to David N. Victor didnt take it too well, clearly identified by your link. However, when you mentioned the other price of the 340 in this thread his response was:

Is that not clearly a post from straight forward guy trying to help out the community, its pretty obvious to me that it was. Buy a aero 340 on ebay or some other site and when you have a tiny issue or question on maybe the best way to drop a SC tank, or about your possibly rotted away fuel pump pigtail, call that ebay seller and ask for advice. Thats the difference when you buy from Dave.

I'll check my funds after paint, I should have one of these pumps.

Corey

Last edited:
yes it is for a 94 to 95 would make it a 5 % pulley ...... from the 89 sc pulley..

That's what I thought you meant although your post wasn't too clear with the wording. But just to set the record straight, you might want to brush up on your math since the stock 94/5 pulley is 3.25" diameter and the 89-93 pulley is 3.15" making it 3% OD. (3.25/3.15=1.03). Truth in advertising FTW.

Thanks for playing. :)

...And can we please not bring Victor and/or the past into this anymore? There are some really ugly posts out there from where he took strips off me that still smart. It does no one any good to re-open old wounds. I've tried to make amends over the years and at the moment I think we are on a pretty even keel which is where I'd like to keep it. Let's just leave it at that, ok?

Back