Page 1 of 12 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

I've been working on this for awhile and now have the parts in stock ready for sale. This kit includes the caliper relocation brackets CNC machined from aluminum and the necessary bolts to relocate your calipers along with the hub rings to make your Cobra rotors hub centric on SC hubs. You'll still have to redrill your rotors to the SC pattern. This is a smart upgrade for anyone who has Cobra 13" front rotors and stock rear brakes.

These kits are in stock ready for shipment. I have had the brackets anodized and bolts zinc plated or stainless steel for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $110 shipped in the lower 48. International or off-shore shipments additional. Payments accepted via Paypal at supercoupesunlimitedinc at gmail dot com or you can mail payment to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.
    6277 Scotland St.
    Madison, OH 44057

For those who do not need rings (Mustang hubs) just deduct $10.

Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by XR7 Dave; 12-18-2018 at 09:02 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Awesome kit for guys who want to keep the stock bolt pattern. Well done, David.

Thanks, this kit doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern though. You'll still be using Cobra rotors so they'll have to be drilled if you have the stock bolt pattern. I'm not currently offering rotors to go with this.
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Sweet

Looks pretty cool Dave, when I am on the brake upgrade, I will be wanting some!!

Would there be a difference in price without the rings?

Quote Originally Posted by davis97xr7 View Post
    Would there be a difference in price without the rings?
    I'll take $10 off if you don't need the rings.
    Email me here.

email sent.......

David,

You could also sell these to the Mark VIII crowd.

Would you like an introduction?

LVC

LOD

Let's get a few on SC's and see what people think first before offering to others, but yes, I would like to make this available to the Mark VIII guys.
    Email me here.

This is pretty good timing Dave ... my friend who has been making the steel brackets for the past several years has asked to "wind down production", as his life is getting too busy with other stuff. So he is finishing off a few sets with the material that he has remaining, and that will be it from him.

cheers
    Ed N.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Thanks, this kit doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern though. You'll still be using Cobra rotors so they'll have to be drilled if you have the stock bolt pattern. I'm not currently offering rotors to go with this.
    Point taken. I guess I got hung up on the hub-centric rings, which guys with Cobra hubs wouldn't need. No reason not to buy this kit, though. If I didn't already have Cobra brakes I'd pick up a set.

David,

They look very nice. What grade of aluminum are they? Do you know of anyone making a 13" 5 x 4.25 rotor by the way?

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    David,
    What grade of aluminum are they?
    The brackets are 6061 T6 tempered alloy.
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by Flex View Post
    David,

They look very nice. What grade of aluminum are they? Do you know of anyone making a 13" 5 x 4.25 rotor by the way?
    or someone that re-drills rotors. I have been building up the drive to do the 13" upgrade and want the bigger rears as well so this is perfect. Even better once I find a re-driller.

Bill at SCP offers the KVR 13" rotors with the 4.25 pattern for a bit extra.

Any machine shop will be able to redrill you a bolt pattern, or do it yourself just by sacrificing an old wheel hub, knock the studs out, and lay it on the face of the rotor, and use the existing holes in the hub for your pattern.
    SCCoA Member#: 2515
    1990 SC AOD 2.1L Kenne Bell
    11.676 @ 121.35 mph
    506hp/478tq
    My Garage