Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

Parts are in stock ready to ship. Send payment to the email address in my sig or send a check to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

Thanks,

David

David,

I left you a message last weekend. Could you call me or email me when you have a moment please? I need to finalize the cam with you and grab a couple of sets of these from you. Thanks.

Hub centric rings

Dave I have been trying to send you a message and your inbox is full I need a set of the centric rings could you sell me some or tell me where to get them.

I sold the last set the other day and am waiting on a new batch of rings. I'll post here when I have them back in stock.

VERY Nice bracket Dave. Wish this would have been available a few years back when I had to fab my own.

I built a Factory Five Racing Cobra replica with IRS and went with the 11.65" rear rotor. I would think you may have a potential market with the FFR crowd as our cars tend to need more rear brake bias. The only bracket option I have seen to fit an 11.65" rotor prior to yours is for the Cobra rear calipers - that I believe uses a smaller piston compared to the TBird / MarkVIII / XR7 calipers.

You should consider getting the word out to the FFR builders that this bracket is available to allow a different caliper.

I am waiting on another run of hub rings right now and I intend to have the brackets anodized for corrosion protection so price will change slightly. Once that is done I intend to offer the brackets to others as well as the SC group. Right now this was a pilot run and had a few minor tweaks along the way.

Chris, I have no idea if they would work. I have not tried to fit those rotors but I will look into it. Most likely the offset is going to be different.

Will this fix the uneven pad wear issues that comes from the adapter bracket bending over time? I had my Ed steel brackets for a while and I feel they are bent and one pad the outside one rides outside the rotor slightly due to things being twisted. Its the same on the other side of the car.

If the brackets have bent then you have an issue with your calipers and/or slider pins. It is very common for the slider pins to seize up and people don't realize it. Under normal conditions these brackets do not take any side load. The caliper is designed to be floating.

If the brackets have bent then you have an issue with your calipers and/or slider pins. It is very common for the slider pins to seize up and people don't realize it. Under normal conditions these brackets do not take any side load. The caliper is designed to be floating.

The braket and the caliper is slightly pivoted. I dont feel I had this problem until recent years. But I cant remember. Im just saying the brackets seems to be bent and everything is out of alignment. These being made out of aluminum how are they designed to prevent this bending from happening. I would say the Ed brakets are defective but both sides have the same issue, I had them for about a decade.

or someone that re-drills rotors. I have been building up the drive to do the 13" upgrade and want the bigger rears as well so this is perfect. Even better once I find a re-driller.

Bill at SCP offers the KVR 13" rotors with the 4.25 pattern for a bit extra.

Stuart spencer redrills rotors or hubs and completely refirbs the spindle for 150 shipped (bearings and hubs) you would just have to ask him and see On the rotors for a price his email is stuart.douglas.spencer@gmail.com.

Hey Dave any news on the centric rings?

Last edited:
Hub rings should be available Monday.

Keep in mind that the KVR kit uses a different rotor so you won't be able to use these with the SCP rotors.

Hub rings should be available Monday.

Keep in mind that the KVR kit uses a different rotor so you won't be able to use these with the SCP rotors.

Dave,

I thought the KVR rotors were dimensionally the same as any other brand :confused:

I was going to order a couple of these caliper relocation kits, so I could eventually upgrade to the 11.65" Cobra rear rotors on both my SCs. Since I'm already using KVR rotors and I want the rears and front to match, I'm now uncertian what parts will be needed. Please clarify.

Thanks, David

I can't speak for KVR because I don't deal with those brakes and don't know what parts they use. However, I have a car here with the SCP KVR brakes on it and the rears are 12", not 11.65". The brackets are different. You'd have to buy the KVR rear brake kit to use KVR rotors, at least that is what I have observed.

These kits are in stock ready for shipment. I have had the brackets anodized for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $100 shipped. Payments accepted via Paypal at MDKRacing at Windstream dot net or you can mail payment to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

For those who do not need rings (Mustang hubs) just deduct $10.

Last edited:
Brake brackets.JPG

Dave keep one for me please. No need to ship, I'll grab it when I bring my car over
Thanks

Back