Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

XR7 Dave

I've been working on this for awhile and now have the parts in stock ready for sale. This kit includes the caliper relocation brackets CNC machined from aluminum and the necessary bolts to relocate your calipers along with the hub rings to make your Cobra rotors hub centric on SC hubs. You'll still have to redrill your rotors to the SC pattern. This is a smart upgrade for anyone who has Cobra 13" front rotors and stock rear brakes.

These kits are in stock ready for shipment. I have had the brackets anodized and bolts zinc plated or stainless steel for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $110 shipped in the lower 48. International or off-shore shipments additional. Payments accepted via Paypal at supercoupesunlimitedinc at gmail dot com or you can mail payment to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.
6277 Scotland St.
Madison, OH 44057

For those who do not need rings (Mustang hubs) just deduct $10.

attachment.php

Attachments

• PA020020a.jpg
    PA020020a.jpg
    207.5 KB · Views: 7,342
Last edited:
Thanks, this kit doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern though. You'll still be using Cobra rotors so they'll have to be drilled if you have the stock bolt pattern. I'm not currently offering rotors to go with this.

Sweet

Looks pretty cool Dave, when I am on the brake upgrade, I will be wanting some!!

Let's get a few on SC's and see what people think first before offering to others, but yes, I would like to make this available to the Mark VIII guys.

This is pretty good timing Dave ... my friend who has been making the steel brackets for the past several years has asked to "wind down production", as his life is getting too busy with other stuff. So he is finishing off a few sets with the material that he has remaining, and that will be it from him.

cheers
Ed N.

Thanks, this kit doesn't have anything to do with bolt pattern though. You'll still be using Cobra rotors so they'll have to be drilled if you have the stock bolt pattern. I'm not currently offering rotors to go with this.

Point taken. I guess I got hung up on the hub-centric rings, which guys with Cobra hubs wouldn't need. No reason not to buy this kit, though. If I didn't already have Cobra brakes I'd pick up a set.

David,

They look very nice. What grade of aluminum are they? Do you know of anyone making a 13" 5 x 4.25 rotor by the way?

David,

They look very nice. What grade of aluminum are they? Do you know of anyone making a 13" 5 x 4.25 rotor by the way?

or someone that re-drills rotors. I have been building up the drive to do the 13" upgrade and want the bigger rears as well so this is perfect. Even better once I find a re-driller.

Bill at SCP offers the KVR 13" rotors with the 4.25 pattern for a bit extra.

Any machine shop will be able to redrill you a bolt pattern, or do it yourself just by sacrificing an old wheel hub, knock the studs out, and lay it on the face of the rotor, and use the existing holes in the hub for your pattern.

Dave,

I've got a similar bracket designed for the SHO rear brake enabling me to run the 11.6" front rotor back there... This is extra nice because 1) no bolt patten change, 2) ready, reasonable options for calipers, 3) rear brakes really don't do that much so no need for overkill (cobra/redrill pattern/fancy caliper's/etc...

How difficult would it be to fab up a bracket to allow running sport rotors on all four corners... I may have left out a few ateps for running 11.6's on the front, but if so let's just keep it on the rear end...

If I'm the only one who's interested in something like this just say so and I'll check it out myself on a 'one off' basis.

TIA.

Back