Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me here. I don't completely understand what's involved with all of this.

I would like to upgrade my rear brakes and I would also like to go with the 5 on 4.5" B.C.D..

Dave's brackets are exactly what I need. My question regards the Cobra hubs.

Are the '99-2005 Cobra hubs a direct fit for the Thunderbird rear uprights?

A quick eBay search found these:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/FORD-PERFORM...-COBRA-KIT-CAR-IRS-HUB-M-1109-A-/280269703516

Are these what I need?

I am rebuilding the entire rear end so I will be installing new rear bearings as well as rotors and calipers, etc..
If I purchase these hubs, should I buy bearings for a T-Bird or a 2004 Cobra?

If these hubs will fit my T-bird up rights without any significant modifications, should I also purchase the Hub rings from Dave?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me with this.

Dave

Hello,

I would greatly appreciate if someone could help me here. I don't completely understand what's involved with all of this.

I would like to upgrade my rear brakes and I would also like to go with the 5 on 4.5" B.C.D..

Dave's brackets are exactly what I need. My question regards the Cobra hubs.

Are the '99-2005 Cobra hubs a direct fit for the Thunderbird rear uprights?

A quick eBay search found these:

https://m.ebay.com/itm/FORD-PERFORM...-COBRA-KIT-CAR-IRS-HUB-M-1109-A-/280269703516

Are these what I need?

I am rebuilding the entire rear end so I will be installing new rear bearings as well as rotors and calipers, etc..
If I purchase these hubs, should I buy bearings for a T-Bird or a 2004 Cobra?

If these hubs will fit my T-bird up rights without any significant modifications, should I also purchase the Hub rings from Dave?

Thank you very much for any help you can give me with this.

Dave
Yes those hubs will work. Can get bearings for Tbird. Need rotors for cobra 11.65". T bird calipers and pads. Need mustang wheels.

Thank you very much for the information.

If I do buy the Mustang hubs, should I also buy the hub rings from Dave? I assume these rings are needed to secure the Mustang hubs in the T-Bird rear spindles?

Thank you again.

Thank you very much for the information.

If I do buy the Mustang hubs, should I also buy the hub rings from Dave? I assume these rings are needed to secure the Mustang hubs in the T-Bird rear spindles?

Thank you again.

That is correct. You will not need the hub rings.

Confused.

I WILL need the hub rings with the Mustang hubs or
I will NOT need the hub rings with the Mustang hubs?

Thank you.

The rings are to center the wheel to the hub. You don't need rings if you use mustang wheels on mustang hubs. You would need rings if you redrill the tbird hubs for mustang bolt pattern and use mustang wheels.

bracket

Ok....I had one of your spacers on my 94' SC...............question.......would you have an idea .IF.... it would bolt up to an 8.8? I'd like to add larger rear rotors on my 96' Mustang GT. wondered if you had given that thought or if anyone had tired it. Thanks!

I have added 11.5" rotors to both a 94 and 2000 Mustang V6 car. You don`t need a spacer. You just need a GT bracket for the rear.

If you are referring to the bracket for the thunderbirds, pm David Dalke. He usually has them in stock.

Back