Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

Will this fix the uneven pad wear issues that comes from the adapter bracket bending over time? I had my Ed steel brackets for a while and I feel they are bent and one pad the outside one rides outside the rotor slightly due to things being twisted. Its the same on the other side of the car.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom Modded. 2010 Shootout-Best Custom Award-415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best HP to date 445whp Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs Modified with the 1% $$
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9/60fts Modified with the 99% $$
    2 SCs 12sec club member.

If the brackets have bent then you have an issue with your calipers and/or slider pins. It is very common for the slider pins to seize up and people don't realize it. Under normal conditions these brackets do not take any side load. The caliper is designed to be floating.
    Quote Originally Posted by Miller View Post
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    If the brackets have bent then you have an issue with your calipers and/or slider pins. It is very common for the slider pins to seize up and people don't realize it. Under normal conditions these brackets do not take any side load. The caliper is designed to be floating.

The braket and the caliper is slightly pivoted. I dont feel I had this problem until recent years. But I cant remember. Im just saying the brackets seems to be bent and everything is out of alignment. These being made out of aluminum how are they designed to prevent this bending from happening. I would say the Ed brakets are defective but both sides have the same issue, I had them for about a decade.
    1994 Supercoupe 5spd Custom Modded. 2010 Shootout-Best Custom Award-415WHP off the bottle-12.2535 @112.18 off the bottle. Best HP to date 445whp Best TQ to date 516ft/lbs Modified with the 1% $$
    1990 35th 5spd 2011 Carlisle 1st place class winner. 12.9@108MPH 1.9/60fts Modified with the 99% $$
    2 SCs 12sec club member.

Quote Originally Posted by Hasher76 View Post
    or someone that re-drills rotors. I have been building up the drive to do the 13" upgrade and want the bigger rears as well so this is perfect. Even better once I find a re-driller.

Bill at SCP offers the KVR 13" rotors with the 4.25 pattern for a bit extra.
    Stuart spencer redrills rotors or hubs and completely refirbs the spindle for 150 shipped (bearings and hubs) you would just have to ask him and see On the rotors for a price his email is stuart.douglas.spencer@gmail.com.

Hey Dave any news on the centric rings?
    Last edited by davec73; 10-27-2011 at 04:49 PM.
    MEMBER #2488[/SIZE]best hp 363 tq 418 1.7 AR complete!

Hub rings should be available Monday.

Keep in mind that the KVR kit uses a different rotor so you won't be able to use these with the SCP rotors.
    Ya thats why i tape mine down. People think its bc i dont have a moonroof seal (which is true) but its really to keep my roof from ripping off .
    Email me here.

Quote Originally Posted by XR7 Dave View Post
    Hub rings should be available Monday.

Keep in mind that the KVR kit uses a different rotor so you won't be able to use these with the SCP rotors.
    Dave,

I thought the KVR rotors were dimensionally the same as any other brand

I was going to order a couple of these caliper relocation kits, so I could eventually upgrade to the 11.65" Cobra rear rotors on both my SCs. Since I'm already using KVR rotors and I want the rears and front to match, I'm now uncertian what parts will be needed. Please clarify.

Thanks, David
    91 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple........10.92 @ 126.70
    93 SC AOD 347 Turbo.................10.04 @ 138.99
    My Garage

I can't speak for KVR because I don't deal with those brakes and don't know what parts they use. However, I have a car here with the SCP KVR brakes on it and the rears are 12", not 11.65". The brackets are different. You'd have to buy the KVR rear brake kit to use KVR rotors, at least that is what I have observed.
    Email me here.

These kits are in stock ready for shipment. I have had the brackets anodized for corrosion protection. Complete kit is now $100 shipped. Payments accepted via Paypal at MDKRacing at Windstream dot net or you can mail payment to:

SuperCoupes Unlimited Inc.
    6277 Scotland St.
    Madison, OH 44057

For those who do not need rings (Mustang hubs) just deduct $10.

I also have a stainless steel bolt option (again, corrosion resistance mainly) for $10 more.
    Last edited by XR7 Dave; 01-22-2013 at 01:42 PM.
    Email me here.

Email me here.

Dave keep one for me please. No need to ship, I'll grab it when I bring my car over
    Thanks
    Dzmitry Batsiai - President of the Super Coupe club of Ontario
    Black 90 ARed SC: 11.832@119.88 at 2009 Shootout

Xr7 Dave I sent you an email

Dave could these be used with the sport rotors or the GenIII SHO rotors both 11.6" IIRC.

If the response to this question is yes I'll paypal you tomorrow.

TIA Dave
    Last edited by Plat0ribs; 01-26-2012 at 10:27 PM.
    3 SC's over a pair of SHO's ...

Plat O Ribs Full House of SVT!
    SCCoA Member#: 3251

I don't have any info on that. Are you talking about using front rotors on the rear? If so, are the SHO and Sport rotors the same offset?
    Email me here.

Will these kist allow the use of 15 inch wheels on the rear?

Quote Originally Posted by JeepsterSC View Post
    Will these kist allow the use of 15 inch wheels on the rear?
    Unlikely. It'll depend upon the wheel width and the offset, but you'll probably need at least 16's. In addition to caliper clearance, you have to watch for interference from the parking brake cable on the inside of the rim.