Cobra brake 11.65" rotor upgrade kit.

Picking up brackets from the coater's today. Coating this time around is clear/grey.

Grinding of the calipers brackets and spindles is mandatory no matter who made the brackets due to the amount of offset required. If you have to clearance a bolt to clear the brake cable it may be something to do with thickness of your brake pads. I have not had that issue before but it is very close and the E-brake arm that the cable attaches to does move, so if you have a clearance issue the only thing I can say is you may have to clearance that bolt head some as you already determined.

I may look into a lateral offset next time around, if it will clear the spindle that might be a solution too. In the mean time, you'll just have to clearance things.

Hub rings are $18 shipped by themselves.

Bracket grinding

This will be the first time I have installed these brackets. Please excuse the dumb question but where do you have to grind the brackets and spindle ? Thanks for the help.

P.S. When do you think these brackets will ship ?

David,

I was wondering the same thing. Perhaps yourself or someone else could post some photos of where to grind on an actual spindle.

Parts are in stock and will ship starting tomorrow for those who have paid. I will include a sheet with written instructions, but pictures are worth 1000 words as they say. There are a few more minor modifications needed to fit the calipers, as described in the kit.

If you have to clearance a bolt to clear the brake cable it may be something to do with thickness of your brake pads.

BINGO! We are using EBC Yellow Stuff pads for this project, and you are correct, they are thicker than stock replacement pads due to their "brake in coating".

My suggestion if you have this clearance problem is to leave the parking brake unhooked for about 500 miles or so until the pads "bed in", then reattach. The brake in coating on EBC's brake pads wears off rather quickly. It should give you the clearance you need as it was very, very close. I doubt stock replacement type pads will have this issue.

Jeramie

I was just wondering about the hubcentric rings...

Are they only wide enough to make the rotor hubcentric, or are they wide enough to make the rotor and rim (mustang pattern wheel) hubcentric?

Thanks!

(Had sent Dave a PM, but his inbox is full)

brakets

i have 13 inch brakes on front and cobra hubs on back and want cobra brakes on back....what do I need from you and how much shipped to 29073

Brakes

I have the Disckbrakes-r-us 13" front brakes with the twin piston calipers. Your brackets maybe a great addition to add more braking power. Is the price still $85.00 Dave? I could get a local machine shop the company uses to drill Cobra rotors. Have you looked into 4 1/4 " rotors as well now?

Last edited:
I'm temporarily out of stock on these, should have more in early next week.

Rotors are available reasonably priced from other sources so I haven't looked into that at all.

Flex posted in the group purchases forum an Ebay company that was willing to do the 108mm bolt circle for a minimal upcharge. Spinning Wheels can also get them from SP brakes if you ask.

Currently the price is $110. I offered a SS bolt upgrade in the past, but currently we are offering zinc plated high strength bolts only.

Last edited:
Brakes

I just took a quick look..........discbrakes-r-us has 4.25 Cobra 11.65 rotors. They are $169.00 for the pair.

I set up a group buy that gets you all four in any combination of drilled/ slotted with 13 inch fronts including having them redrilled to 4.25 shipped to you door for $245.

Back