Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Membership is now OPEN!

Membership is now OPEN!

We are pleased to announce that SCCoA membership has re-opened!

Here's the deal. First, please ask any and all questions in this thread. I will be directing people here from various other threads, emails, etc. This is the place to ask your questions. If you have a question - READ THIS THREAD. We're not answering the same question five times. If it's been asked - we won't be answering it again. Not trying to be a jerk - but we're taking our time to answer your questions - we ask you spend a few minutes reading. Appreciate it.

Next - this is an automated system, if you use PayPal. The steps are in the next message below as I'm going to try and keep this message for questions. As such, I may delete your message below to keep this thread clean and condense questions and answers.

If you wish to see your membership status, simply follow step 1-3 in the next message to access the user control panel/subscriptions, where you can see your current status under the Active Subscriptions heading. If there is no active subscriptions heading, as shown below, you do not currently have a paid subscription.

For anyone that does not have PayPal and does not wish to use PayPal - we understand. Some people just don't like PayPal. However, this is currently the only method we accept for membership as it is completely automated. You do NOT need a PayPal account - PayPal will let you do a one time charge against a bank account or credit/debit card.

Member numbers are not generated as part of this automated system and we are currently not issuing member numbers. We hope to change this at some point, but do not have this on the roadmap. If you previously had a member number, we already have that in our records and the same number stays for your lifetime, even if you stop paying for membership - we never give out the same number to two separate individuals. If you stop paying dues, your member number will simply go into hibernation; if and when you re-join the club, that number is still yours.

Remember, only dues paying members have access to add cars to the garage. If you haven't added a car, once you join, it's a great time to do so. Additionally, members who stop paying for membership will eventually lose the vehicles they've submitted to the garage (This is not yet in place - we'll let you know before this happens so you don't lose anything if you wish to backup your information manually.)

We will be adding in features to remind you that your membership is going to expire, if you have a one-time membership. Right now, a few days out, the site will add a message near the top of the forums screen informing you that your membership is coming due. We plan to add options to send private messages, emails and warnings further out. You can add additional years to your membership at any time - previous time will not be lost and is incremental, so don't worry about renewing a week early and losing a week.

Finally, if you select a membership that automatically renews each year, please do NOT sign-up for another membership next year. We have had cases where people sign up two and three years in a row and are being charge 2-3x the annual membership. Paypal handles the automatic renewal; if you wish to cancel your membership, please sign into your Paypal account and cancel it within there. We have no control over automated subscriptions and refunds will not be issued.

In the future, we hope and plan to add additional members only features to the site. Have a suggestion? Let's hear it!

Thank you, and welcome to the SCCoA!
    Last edited by Pat DiPersia; 06-07-2011 at 12:19 PM.

Here are the steps to join the SCCoA through our automated PayPal system.

1. Login to the SCCoA forums as you normally do. Make sure in the top-right corner of the forums, above the banner ads, you see the "Welcome, [Your username]" displayed, as circled in red below. If not, you're not logged in. Additionally, make sure the username shown is the one you want to pay for. We can't switch, so once you pay, that's that.

2. Click the "SETTINGS" link in the header bar with your username as circled in red below.

3. In the "My Settings" control panel, select "Paid Subscriptions" under the My Account heading, as shown below and circled in red.

4. From the subscriptions page, you can now select which subscription you would prefer. ONLY SELECT ONE SUBSCRIPTION! They are both the same cost, but the first subscription is a recurring subscription, meaning PayPal and SCCoA will automatically deduct the membership cost each year from your account. There is no manual renewal to be done on your part. If you wish to ever cancel this, you must do so through your Paypal account; the SCCoA can not canlce this subscription.

The second subscription is a one-time subscription (Meaning you need to manually renew each year, if you elect.) Select which subscription you would prefer, and click the ORDER button.

5. At this point, the remaining steps are self-explanatory. You will receive a confirmation page for your subscription and you will be asked to login with your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you will receive the option to perform a one-time debit from your bank account or credit/debit card without having to sign up for a Paypal account.

Message reserved for further instructions for members that wish to pay via check or money order. More information is coming shortly.

This thread is going to address questions that members have asked -

Q1: I have not yet paid for membership, but have access to all of the forums.
    A1: As a courtesy and to give people time to renew, we are allowing a grace period until 8/1/11 for anyone who is currently a "member" on the site, but has not renewed their membership. Beginning 8/1/11, anyone that is listed a member on the site, but has not submitted dues, will lose their access to the member's forums, as well as any other permissions to members only features.

Q2: I wish to cancel my annual/recurring membership. Can you please cancel this for me?
    A2: We can not. When you sign up for an annual/recurring membership, Paypal takes over from here. Please login to your Paypal account and cancel from there.

If you wish to see your membership status, simply follow the steps in the next message to access the user control panel, where you can see your current status. Please do not follow ALL the steps - if you already have a membership, there's no need to purchase again, unless you wish to extend your membership.
    Pat,

Which of the tabs in the User CP will show current status ? I followed the instructions you listed for selecting either type of subscription, but didn't see current status shown.

David

PS: Thanks for getting this new system up and running.
    91 SC AOD 4.2..2.3 Whipple........10.92 @ 126.70
    93 SC AOD 347 Turbo.................10.04 @ 138.99
    My Garage

David,

I updated the thread to give a little more info, and put a screen shot.

If you wish to see your membership status, simply follow step 1-3 in the next message to access the user control panel/subscriptions, where you can see your current status under the Active Subscriptions heading. If there is no active subscriptions heading - you do not currently have a paid subscription.
    I'll delete these two posts in a few days once everyone has reviewed it.

You're welcome!

Does this mean that all memberships will expire on 8-01-11 if they are not renewed?

Quote Originally Posted by the-big-e View Post
    Does this mean that all memberships will expire on 8-01-11 if they are not renewed?
    Basically. We've had some people that found the automated system before we told them about it, so they had already signed up through there. Those won't expire - it's just people who have NOT paid dues in the past year and aren't planning to do so before 8/1/11.

This is the day ive been waiting for! Its great to finally be apart of the sccoa community! How soon will the garage be open for me to add cars?

Pat,

I just tried PayPal and they won't let the payment go through. This is the message:

This payment cannot be completed and your account has not been charged. Please contact your merchant for more information.

I just tried again and got the same message.

Joe
    Last edited by Rodeo Joe; 06-07-2011 at 06:34 PM. Reason: Added information.
    It's not a 97 Sport, it just looks like one!

Thanks Pat

Thanks for setting this up Pat. It sure makes things easier! Well Done!

Pat,
    Thanks for getting this started. It was very simple to do.

Ken
    1992 Thunderbird SC
    13.322 @ 102.81
    1993 Thunderbird SC 5spd..white
    2002 F350 SD Diesel (SC tow vehicle)

Thank you Pat, I finally get to become a member.
    Joe

15+ year SC owner
    1994 Thunderbird SC 5spd/ Moonlight Blue/ Blue Leather
    2013 Ford Taurus SHO Grey/ Black interior

not able to add vehicle?

just joined and wanted to add my vehicle but when i click on the add vehicle tab it says, Error. You have reached the maximum amount of vehicles allowed. I haven't even added any? Whats the problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Rezid View Post
    just joined and wanted to add my vehicle but when i click on the add vehicle tab it says, Error. You have reached the maximum amount of vehicles allowed. I haven't even added any? Whats the problem?
    This has been resolved. Try it again.