Membership is now OPEN!

One thing that does suck is that they do not notify you of when your membership is about to expire so that you can pay before it lapses so then you find out when get on to find some info, that I just so happen to need right now:(
Stated in another thread, everyone was sent an email to the email registered with the site that for the first pass of the new membership process, expiring memberships would end on 8/1 (I think). Anyway, a bunch of people were hit then with "membership expired" messages.

Regardless, I think the process is working now.

is there anyone that can explain why i cannot view any of the threads,i have been a member for around six or seven years and it seems i am locked out.no one will actually contact me and let me know what to do

is there anyone that can explain why i cannot view any of the threads,i have been a member for around six or seven years and it seems i am locked out.no one will actually contact me and let me know what to do

Your membership has expired. Have you been paying? As it shows in this thread in particular post #4
Q1: I have not yet paid for membership, but have access to all of the forums.
A1: As a courtesy and to give people time to renew, we are allowing a grace period until 8/1/11 for anyone who is currently a "member" on the site, but has not renewed their membership. Beginning 8/1/11, anyone that is listed a member on the site, but has not submitted dues, will lose their access to the member's forums, as well as any other permissions to members only features.

What that means is if you did not pay up with the new system described in post 1 and 2 of this thread, then on august 1st, your membership was revoked until such time that you pay. Follow the instructions on post 1 and 2, and your membership will be renewed.

Extortion Paid:eek:. Maybe this year I will get a membership page:rolleyes:.

I believe the member pages are a thing of the past and now everyone will be using garage pages. I think you can go set up a garage page right now.

I am sorry but your system is lazy. If you want new members you need to be able to have people to join who are NOT ON-LINE.
:(

We are pleased to announce that SCCoA membership has re-opened!

Here's the deal. First, please ask any and all questions in this thread. I will be directing people here from various other threads, emails, etc. This is the place to ask your questions. If you have a question - READ THIS THREAD. We're not answering the same question five times. If it's been asked - we won't be answering it again. Not trying to be a jerk - but we're taking our time to answer your questions - we ask you spend a few minutes reading. Appreciate it.

Next - this is an automated system, if you use PayPal. The steps are in the next message below as I'm going to try and keep this message for questions. As such, I may delete your message below to keep this thread clean and condense questions and answers.

If you wish to see your membership status, simply follow step 1-3 in the next message to access the user control panel/subscriptions, where you can see your current status under the Active Subscriptions heading. If there is no active subscriptions heading, as shown below, you do not currently have a paid subscription.

AvailableSubscriptions.JPG

For anyone that does not have PayPal and does not wish to use PayPal - we understand. Some people just don't like PayPal. However, this is currently the only method we accept for membership as it is completely automated. You do NOT need a PayPal account - PayPal will let you do a one time charge against a bank account or credit/debit card.

Member numbers are not generated as part of this automated system and we are currently not issuing member numbers. We hope to change this at some point, but do not have this on the roadmap. If you previously had a member number, we already have that in our records and the same number stays for your lifetime, even if you stop paying for membership - we never give out the same number to two separate individuals. If you stop paying dues, your member number will simply go into hibernation; if and when you re-join the club, that number is still yours.

Remember, only dues paying members have access to add cars to the garage. If you haven't added a car, once you join, it's a great time to do so. Additionally, members who stop paying for membership will eventually lose the vehicles they've submitted to the garage (This is not yet in place - we'll let you know before this happens so you don't lose anything if you wish to backup your information manually.)

We will be adding in features to remind you that your membership is going to expire, if you have a one-time membership. Right now, a few days out, the site will add a message near the top of the forums screen informing you that your membership is coming due. We plan to add options to send private messages, emails and warnings further out. You can add additional years to your membership at any time - previous time will not be lost and is incremental, so don't worry about renewing a week early and losing a week.

Finally, if you select a membership that automatically renews each year, please do NOT sign-up for another membership next year. We have had cases where people sign up two and three years in a row and are being charge 2-3x the annual membership. Paypal handles the automatic renewal; if you wish to cancel your membership, please sign into your Paypal account and cancel it within there. We have no control over automated subscriptions and refunds will not be issued.

In the future, we hope and plan to add additional members only features to the site. Have a suggestion? Let's hear it!

Thank you, and welcome to the SCCoA!

Thanks Pat,

I'll figure it out.

Do you still have the SCCOA window stickers? Not a deal breaker but it would be a nice addition !

Thanks again,

Bob

Thanks Pat,

I'll figure it out.

Do you still have the SCCOA window stickers? Not a deal breaker but it would be a nice addition !

Thanks again,

Bob

We do not. I'd love to be able to offer these as well as other merchandise, but it's not really my area of expertise. Nor do I have the time to handle inventory, shipping, etc. I'd like to be able to find someone to work with/partner on something like this if anyone is interested!!

My 1993 SC that I bought has a SCCoA sticker on the window. Maybe I can take some high quality images or scan it somehow.

We do not. I'd love to be able to offer these as well as other merchandise, but it's not really my area of expertise. Nor do I have the time to handle inventory, shipping, etc. I'd like to be able to find someone to work with/partner on something like this if anyone is interested!!

Redbubble might work for some merch. You set up an account/store and upload the artwork and they do the rest. I bought stickers from them a couple of years ago. They seem to have shirts and other things available as well now.

One Hour Tees has good prices on shirts.

Merch

Pat - Tim and I were chatting about this at Carlisle and I would like to offer my assistance. PM or email me to discuss further.

DFDesignLLC@gmail.com - David Fedder

Back