Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Membership is now OPEN!

Latitude: 41.909147 Longitude: -72.450263
    Quote Originally Posted by Pat DiPersia View Post
    Here are the steps to join the SCCoA through our automated PayPal system.

5. At this point, the remaining steps are self-explanatory. You will receive a confirmation page for your subscription and you will be asked to login with your PayPal account. If you do not have a PayPal account, you can sign up with PayPal and fund the account prior to signing up with SCCoA.
    Yup, I'm all paid up. Works for me here perfectly!

Don't crash into a tree just to avoid a skunk!

Quote Originally Posted by 89XR7TD View Post
    I like things this way was nice and simple!

Just one question tho! I guess being logged in and then paying with paypal how do you guys know which member paid for what since there isnt a place to put your member name on the paypal paid page?

Thanks, Tom
    Since you're logged in, the board is handling the payment and passing it to Paypal through an API (Programmer speak) so we know who's who.

Pat, i recieved an email from Paypal today saying my recurring subscription i signed up for months ago has been CANCELED.Can you shed some light on this?Do i need to sign up again?

Thanks,Ikey
    1992 Silver SC Auto - 16k miles
    1991 SC - Parts Car
    1994 Ultra Red SC-Auto
    2004 F150 4x4 Lariat
    1993 SC Red - Manual - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p..._view&id=11186

Quote Originally Posted by IkeyM View Post
    Pat, i recieved an email from Paypal today saying my recurring subscription i signed up for months ago has been CANCELED.Can you shed some light on this?Do i need to sign up again?

Thanks,Ikey
    I wish I could - but the site and PayPal give me no information. Can you look at your PayPal account and see if you see anything? You're the first recurring member since you "found" this loop hole a year ago, so it's either a bug in the system, or. . .? Unfortunately, we may not know for some time as I never tested recurring memberships (We didn't want to wait out a year to roll this out.)

I wish I could - but the site and PayPal give me no information. Can you look at your PayPal account and see if you see anything? You're the first recurring member since you "found" this loop hole a year ago, so it's either a bug in the system, or. . .? Unfortunately, we may not know for some time as I never tested recurring memberships (We didn't want to wait out a year to roll this out.)

Ok i checked my paypal and all it says is canceled.This morning my membership was gone as i could not see the members only forum.I had to re register with the recurring payment option.I would say you have a problem with the Paypal payment for recurring subscription.
    1992 Silver SC Auto - 16k miles
    1991 SC - Parts Car
    1994 Ultra Red SC-Auto
    2004 F150 4x4 Lariat
    1993 SC Red - Manual - http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage.p..._view&id=11186

Wow! That was super easy! I'm all paid up.... Thx!

I am having problems adding pictures to my garage. It says it won't accept certain files. I change the file type of the pic but get the same result.

P1040758 (2).tif - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).
    P1040758.JPG - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).

The pictures that I have in my garage page now, posted fine some time ago, they came off of the same digital camera, I used the same computer, and the pics are in the same file.
    Last edited by scskydivin; 07-01-2011 at 01:51 AM.
    1994 white sc
    11 year sc owner
    SCCoA Member #: 3774

View http://www.sccoa.com/forums/garage_v...vehicle&id=107

UP THE IRONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scskydivin View Post
    Wow! That was super easy! I'm all paid up.... Thx!

I am having problems adding pictures to my garage. It says it won't accept certain files. I change the file type of the pic but get the same result.

P1040758 (2).tif - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).
    P1040758.JPG - Error: Not a supported image type (jpg, gif, png).

The pictures that I have in my garage page now, posted fine some time ago, they came off of the same digital camera, I used the same computer, and the pics are in the same file.
    When you say you changed the file type - did you CONVERT them to JPG, or just rename them to JPG? How many photos do you have in the garage? There is a limit, but I would think it would give you that error - not the file type error.

When you say you changed the file type - did you CONVERT them to JPG, or just rename them to JPG? How many photos do you have in the garage? There is a limit, but I would think it would give you that error - not the file type error.
    Thanks for the reply Pat!

I have 12 pics in my garage. I just renamed them to JPG. I've acually tried every option my computer gives me & none of em work. Of course, I've been renaming them all... Do they need to be converted? I'm assuming so. I do not know how to do that.
    1994 white sc
    11 year sc owner

UP THE IRONS!!!

Quote Originally Posted by scskydivin View Post
    Thanks for the reply Pat!

I have 12 pics in my garage. I just renamed them to JPG. I've acually tried every option my computer gives me & none of em work. Of course, I've been renaming them all... Do they need to be converted? I'm assuming so. I do not know how to do that.
    To convert a .tif file to a .jpg file, just open the .tif file in whatever viewer you can see the picture (I can't remember if MS Paint can view .tif files). After the .tif picture is open, select 'File', 'Save As', and then choose .jpg as the file option. If your view can't save as a .jpg, it should still be able to save as a .bmp file.

Renaming the file extension will never work.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

I did the save as and it didn't work.
    1994 white sc
    11 year sc owner

UP THE IRONS!!!

Membership

Hey Pat,
    I paid for my membership about 1-2 months back. Any idea of when I will receive my #?

Adam

Quote Originally Posted by BlkBrd94 View Post
    Hey Pat,
    I paid for my membership about 1-2 months back. Any idea of when I will receive my #?

Adam
    Unfortunately, that's a completely manual process. I started getting it done for all the new submissions we've had - but it's also very error prone when doing it manually. There's no good way that the site gives me to do this.

I asked a few people if they might be able to help in developing a system that does this for us automatically. No response, unfortunately. If anyone knows php and mysql - please message me!

One thing that does suck is that they do not notify you of when your membership is about to expire so that you can pay before it lapses so then you find out when get on to find some info, that I just so happen to need right now

Quote Originally Posted by BlackbirdSc94 View Post
    One thing that does suck is that they do not notify you of when your membership is about to expire so that you can pay before it lapses so then you find out when get on to find some info, that I just so happen to need right now
    Stated in another thread, everyone was sent an email to the email registered with the site that for the first pass of the new membership process, expiring memberships would end on 8/1 (I think). Anyway, a bunch of people were hit then with "membership expired" messages.

Regardless, I think the process is working now.
    Kurt K (e-mail)
    SCCoA Member #: 443
    '92 SC AOD -- 11.521s @ 116.748mph, 2.0 AR power
    . . . . . . . . . -- 13.547s @ 101.01 mph, only w/ bolt-ons
    '95 SC 5spd -- All Stock, except 17" Simmons wheels.
    '90 SC 35th Anny 5spd -- 3rd owner, 16k miles
    2 '89 XR7 5spd's -- on their way out, really!

is there anyone that can explain why i cannot view any of the threads,i have been a member for around six or seven years and it seems i am locked out.no one will actually contact me and let me know what to do